Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Problems

ibz2002
Dabbler

Speed Problems

Hello there,

I have had very poor speeds for almost a week now. I was hoping there would have been some improvement by now but this still has not happened, and PN have made contacting them through help and support very difficult.

I am on BBYW option 3 and on 2mb/s, and my current speeds are on par with dial up. I have done the bt speet test and it shows upstream as 448kpbs, downstream as 672kpbs, and actual ip throughput is shown as 68kpbs.

I still have all my 20 gb DL limit remaining and have not really had speed problems before. If someone at PN can please look into this.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Speed Problems

Ive also had speed problems for about a week on p2p.

What applications do you notice your problem applying to?

Edit, sorry misread, 6 hundred kbps downstream. You have a line problem.
Mand
Grafter

Speed Problems

Hi there,

According to our information from BT your speeds have been fluctuating since the 4th of June.

Have you recently added anything to your phone line? Have you checked your filters? This page will give a little more information.

We could raise a fault to BT for you however if the problem is found to be your equipment you will be liable for a charge.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Re: Speed Problems

I was hoping there would have been some improvement by now but this still has not happened, and PN have made contacting them through help and support very difficult.

As you may or may not be aware Sheffield has been under several feet of water. Clearly, as you'll appreciate, this has had an effect on the number of staff able to reach work and answer calls.

I am on BBYW option 3 and on 2mb/s, and my current speeds are on par with dial up. I have done the bt speet test and it shows upstream as 448kpbs, downstream as 672kpbs, and actual ip throughput is shown as 68kpbs.

Are you actually in the North East of England yourself? There have been huge issues there as a result of flood water.

If not, it sounds a lot like a line fault as ambix states. Have you recently made any changes to the internal wiring in your house- added a new extension, phone, fax machine, alarm or sky box? Are all of the above, including sky box, correctly filter?

Is your router connected directly to the Master socket (where your BT line enters your property) or is it on an extension?

If you lift your phone and dial 17070 option 2 (Quiet Line Test) are you able to hear other conversations, static, hissing, pops or beeps. This is a line fault and should be reported to BT by dialling 150.
ibz2002
Dabbler

Speed Problems

Thanks for the replies guys. The only change i can think off has been a internet connection cable(connection from the filter to my modem) and nothing else. I'll recheck everything and see how i'll get on.