cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Just Gets Worse

N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

Guys I know Ive been moved to the BBP however Im still paying just short of 7o quid for a line that is currently well underpeforming for a 2mb line at 20:1 contention - Indicated maximum speed of line is currently fluctuating around the 13 - 23k with download speed of 0.3- 0.8k and unable to authenticate on many sites - surely this was not intended - I cannot possibly see how this is a 2mb line with a 20:1 contention ratio as paid for
9 REPLIES
N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

Guess what, you'll probably be told that its due to a number of bad boys not rectifying their errant ways and stealing all your bandwidth!

:lol:
N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

I've got same problem I pay monthly £21.99 for speed 512k, but I get only 10k-15k.
Its not nice from PlusNet how they wind up people offering high speed internet with unlimited downloads.
I leaving next week to bulldogdsl.com, or enyone know something better with no hiden secrets like PlusNet?Huh
N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

I'm on Bulldogdsl 2MB also at moment and am getting downloads around 1.8mb/s so no complaints thus far. I've heard they may have a few DNS issues tho'.
N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

Same problem but thank god I will move tommorow all being well. Speeds are quite frankly taking the piss.

Of course it is all our fault because we dont understand what the words "unlimited" and "uncapped" are. /[sarcastic mode on] Its all our fault and we deserve everything we get /[sarcastic mode off] Evil
N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

I'm also on the BBP and have noticed the speeds are even worse today than usual!

I'm moving provider but probably waiting till the new year.
N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

i've noticed the only way to get any better speed is to use a client that supports multiple connections for single files, been downloading at 50kbps on bittorrent only around 5-10kbps on ftps this is on 2mb connection. luckily my migration should be completed on thursday.
N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

My speeds have improved no end. I am taking all your bandwidth your greedy pirates Smiley joke Just migrated to Zen see you all there Smiley
N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

I was on the bbp, and it was and is taking the p**s, your paying £70 for a business product, key word being bussiness, high bandwidth user.

I'm moving back to nildram on the 14th, and can't wait, although I', not on the bbp anymore web browsing is still as poor as ever, only good thing is I can use usernet again and get my full 2mb downstream.

All these people you hear slagging off the people on the bbp and saying how there speeds and quality of service have improved dramiticly don't believe it.
N/A

Speed Just Gets Worse

I am also on the managed platform.I have had speeds of 2kb and yesterday was the icing on the cake 0.6 kbs Evil Evil
This is from Ian Wild
The next batch of removals may not occur until the end of the week, as it is not a simple change. In the mean time, our focus is on improving the performance of customers currently on the managed platform.If we can't do this, then I will ensure that your connection is restored on the standard platform

At the moment i am paying for a sub-standard service that is about as useful as tits on a snake.
Far from happy,can we get something done about it.!!!