cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speed Issue...

Discostoo
Grafter

Speed Issue...

I downloaded a few files at 10pm tonight from bbc at 1900kbps...really.

Even after 30 secs or so they only went down to 1400/1500kbps!! Why would this happen? Why doesn't it happen more often!!!?!?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Speed Issue...

Hi there,

I am not entirely sure what you mean? TBH

However when you select an item to download via browser, it is already downloading while you are choosing the location for storage. This means that when you select ok it will appear fast at first and then gradually slow down.

It could be that the servers have been busy hence the slow 1400/1500 kbps download speeds. It could also be contention at your exchange. The problem is that 1400 is well above BT's guidelines as being an acceptable speed ( 400 kbps for 2mb ).

PS Nice city lincoln. What made you move?

Regards,
Discostoo
Grafter

Speed Issue...

hi there,

I actually mean the the file, instead of my regular http speed of 230kb/s downloaded at 1900 before settling at 1400kb/s. Anyone else with 1:1 contention for £21.99 a month?!?! :lol: Maybe it was a pulse of data or something equally baffling...

I moved to Lincoln to work for "the man" at the Crown Court. (boo hiss) but the main reason ws that my g/f started her PhD here after she finished Uni in Aber. I quite like Lincoln. Its a little big town, so to speak.
N/A

Re: Speed Issue...

I downloaded a few files at 10pm tonight from bbc at 1900kbps...really.

Even after 30 secs or so they only went down to 1400/1500kbps!! Why would this happen? Why doesn't it happen more often!!!?!?

Ahh well in your op you said kbps and not Kb/s Wink lol

But now you have clarified yes that seems like a reasonable speed to me. Still not perfect value for what you pay :: KOFF KOFF :: :lol: but itll do I suppose lol. Wink

Regards,