cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spanner In The Works!!

N/A

Spanner In The Works!!

Tried to get some sort of timescale as to when my order would be placed with BTw for Maxdsl and this this is the repsonse.

**** **** CSC Agent 5:34am, Friday 19th May 2006
Dear Mr Battison,
Due to the large ammount people experiencing faults with the 8Mb service BT have temporarelly suspended bulk upgrades to 8Mb.

We will inform customers when this situation changes

Regards,

How much longer do people have to wait :?:

5 REPLIES
ianccole
Dabbler

Spanner In The Works!!

Why on earth do you want ADSL Max?

Since my regrade a previously rock solid 2M service has changed to almost no service. Continuous loss of sync to exchange. worst speedtest of 64kbps DS.

My dialup days of 4 years ago seem pleasant in comparison
Community Veteran

Spanner In The Works!!

There was an announcement made about this yesterday and you can discuss it at:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=43088

Now that BT have taken away the Bulk Rgrade Tool, PN can only put through a couple of regrades a day minus new customer signups!
N/A

Spanner In The Works!!

Because it's there and a few thought they absolutely could not live without it..... it did not matter that it is basically untried and untested technology and something cobbled together by BT in response to people yelling "when are we going to get higher speeds", and quoting things like how come Japan has this, Korea has that in Sweden I can get this that and the other for half the price of here etc and who are now just beginning to find the glitches and I suspect they will be for quite a while to come yet.In some cases a prime example of "be careful what you wish for..... you may get it"

Me? I intended to opt out till it was fully tried and tested but Plusnet beat me to it.
ceridwen
Grafter

Spanner In The Works!!

Better upload speeds!

Matthew
N/A

Spanner In The Works!!

Better upload speeds!

Hmm not something generally taken into account when planning to move ISP unless I missed the posts where people were asking for ISP's that allow unlimited uploads and my sister really loves it when we are video chatting and I fire 659.3 Kbps at her 512k AOL connection :-)