cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spamday 24th May

decomplexity
Rising Star

Spamday 24th May

I am on a legacy account and maybe PN is not talking to me any more...sob.

Tomorrow 24th is Spamday. PN’s Spam Protection Guide says: "If you haven't done so already, please tell us whether you'd like to use the new Spam Protection tool, or whether you want to keep your existing mail settings. Do this by logging into the Member Centre and either ticking the 'Yes' or 'No' tickbox on the 'Improvements to your mail system' message."

Er...what tickbox? I see the message but no box. Is anyone else in the same boat?

"We'll make more information about how to use the new Spam Protection tool available shortly"
PN has only 6 hours to go and counting. Have I missed something?
I'd like to prepare in advance to check out the spams in an IMAP folder and/or move them to an IMAP mailbox for downloading.

[Finally, for the record, DAK why (in Email Settings => Spam Protection) I have a Spam Protection setting and Domain Settings? Does the second merely give more granularity than the first, or what? (I have always used the second and ignored the first)]
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017
2 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Re: Spamday 24th May

[Finally, for the record, DAK why (in Email Settings => Spam Protection) I have a Spam Protection setting and Domain Settings? Does the second merely give more granularity than the first, or what? (I have always used the second and ignored the first)]

More granularity allowing you to configure your spam preference on a per domain basis.

The new tool won't actually allow this granularity to begin with (it will be a global option) however it's something we're working on.

I wouldn't worry too much about the choice you make in the Member Centre. Whilst I haven't seen anyone reporting the missing radio button thing, you will have full control over this setting on the spam configuration changes following the rollout tomorrow morning.

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

decomplexity
Rising Star

Spamday 24th May

Tnks Bob.
For info, here are the messages I assumed everyone else would see as well:

"Do this by logging into the Member Centre and either ticking the 'Yes' or 'No' tickbox on the 'Improvements to your mail system' message."

and the Member Centre merely has:

"Improvements to your mail system
From 24th May 2007 we will be switching on a free Spam Protection tool, allowing our customers to see and delete junk email online, or mark this before it is ready for delivery.

There will be no change to your current mail settings, however we recommend that you turn this on so that you get the maximum level of protection.

Find out more about the Spam Protection improvements."

No tickbox
Zen from May 17. PN Business account from 2004 - 2017