cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam

N/A

Spam

Can someone explain to me in very simple terms, exactly how I go about getting rid of catchall email address as I am getting deluged with spam.
Please make it simple!
I want to have 4 names left working
7 REPLIES
Mand
Grafter

Spam

Hi

-Click Email Settings on the left of this page.
-Click Configure mailboxes.
-Setup the mailboxes you want, plus one called postmaster for billing emails and the like.
-Raise a ticket here and we will blackhole the default.

Smiley
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Spam

To save collecting mail from multiple mailboxes, you can create one main mailbox and then redirects for all the other prefixes you use to that mailbox.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Spam

To save collecting mail from multiple mailboxes, you can create one main mailbox and then redirects for all the other prefixes you use to that mailbox.

Thanks,have just done that Smiley

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Enabled BBCode for this post to allow
tags to work.
N/A

Spam

Hi

-Click Email Settings on the left of this page.
-Click Configure mailboxes.
-Setup the mailboxes you want, plus one called postmaster for billing emails and the like.
-Raise a ticket here and we will blackhole the default.

Smiley

I have done this, I think !
Rec'd message that blackhole is set up, but now don't seem to be getting any emails Huh

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Enabled BBCode for this post to allow
tags to work.
MrToast
Grafter

Spam

I have done this, I think !
Rec'd message that blackhole is set up, but now don't seem to be getting any emails Huh

Please excuse a basic question:

Have you set up you email client (eg Outlook Express) as well to access these new email boxes?

If so what happens if you try sending mail to one of your new addresses from somewhere else.... are you getting bounces?

New email settings on Plusnet can take a while to promulgate their servers. If its more than (say) and hour send a ticket to support for help.
N/A

Spam

Have you set up you email client (eg Outlook Express) as well to access these new email boxes?

No because I don't know how to do it ! Sad

Beginning to wish now that I had left it all as it was, al least I was getting emails Sad
pennbank
Grafter

Spam

Click link supplied by Plusnet on how to set up mail boxes on outlook express

http://portal.plus.net/support/email/setup/email_setup_guide.shtml