cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam

N/A

Spam

Am i the only one thats getting spamed to death the amount of rubbish thats going into my inbox at the moment is getting rediculous

It started a few weeks ago and is just getting worse and worse can't anything be done just marking something as Spam and sending it though anyway is no answer most of it is unmarked as Spam anyway

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full capitals title made lower case as per the Link:rules
4 REPLIES
crimsone
Grafter

Spam

The solution is to re-direct any known email addresses/subject lines etc that you usually get to your account to another account, and then to blackhole the account that's currently getting spammed to death.

Once done, ensure that you tell all known senders and websites that you wish to recieve mail from that your email address has changed, and to start sending to your new email address.

All the options for this are right there in your PN email facilities.
N/A

Spam

All the options for this are right there in your PN email facilities.

That doesn't make a scrap of difference!!
Mine are set to high and I still get 20+ a day!
Dread to think what anyone else gets who's spam level is not set to high!

What exactly does this setting do plusnet? Does it delete some spam before it reaches our inbox or does it just mark more of it as spam and still forward them to us?
crimsone
Grafter

Spam

Please read my post again.

It's about blackholing an email adress. It makes a world of difference. Email sent to blackholed adresses dissapears into a blackhole. Only email which is re-directed survives.
N/A

Spam

My apologies, mis-read your post, thought you meant options for spam "protection".