cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam sent from my address?!

N/A

I had an email from the PlusNet Abuse Team saying that "a source of unsolicited email has been linked to your account with us", and I believe they are right: I have been receiving a deluge of mail delivery failures for emails I haven't sent, and they are spam emails.

I can't work out why this is happening, since the computers in my network are all Macs and I don't think there is a worm virus that affects them. And I'm not running any server software. I do have a firewall enabled both on my modem/router and computers... so what could be the problem?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Ah, I see that the delivery failures are not a problem. I just need to ask for the catchall to be disabled, right? So then why did I get the abuse message from PlusNet?

:?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Not necessarily true.
When you get the bounced e-mails are they from an address you have or are they from random letters@username.plus.com
You need to look a little deeper as I have been getting these e-mails which spoofed my address but never received a warning.
I would suggest doing a full system scan with a number of antispyware and antivirus programs
N/A

Hmm, most of them are being sent back to postmaster@corfizz.plus.com (although until today that has not been one of my mailboxes). Only a few have been sent from anything@corfizz.plus.com.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

That's a bit worrying because the postmaster@ has always been one of your mailboxes (its created during the signup process) even if you weren't accessing it and I have never received a bounced e-mail from that address