cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam from Plusnet?

N/A

Spam from Plusnet?

I have just received an e-mail from Plusnet with the subject "Great deals on broadband hardware". I can't believe that my ISP has started spamming me! I get enough UCE's every day without them adding to the problem.

The bottom of the message reads "This email has been sent, as we believe it to be of interest to you, as a valued customer of PlusNet". Really, what made you think that?
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Spam from Plusnet?

when you signed up you agreed to receive these emails, if you change your mind and now wish to opt out you can do so at this page:

http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=modifyMailOptions

EDIT: that page appears not work, might be best raising a ticket
prichardson
Grafter

Spam from Plusnet?

Hi,

It was raised as a problem to be corrected yesterday.

Kind Regards,
Community Veteran

Spam from Plusnet?

cheers phil, I am quite happy to receive the emails however there are always people who are not!
N/A

Spam from Plusnet?

when you signed up you agreed to receive these emails

I joined in October [sorry, December] 2000 and DID NOT agree to receive such messages.
Community Veteran

Spam from Plusnet?

TBH you can't be too bothered by them then if your only complaing 5yrs 2months later, however yes i do see how they can be annoying but I use my PN email so infrequently and there are so few of these ads that it doesn't bother me but I can understand your POV. Hopefully they will sort the fault with the mail options page soon!
N/A

Spam from Plusnet?

As I suggested in the other thread about this (and forgot to post as a real suggestion here) it may be a good idea to add some extra filters to the ticketing system for users. Currently tickets can only be filtered by date by a customer, adding, for example, 'opened by, 'closed by' and category filters may be a nice feature.
craigbrass
Grafter

Spam from Plusnet?

Hey, you think you guys got it bad? I got about 6 accounts that I manage for people and I redirect the postmaster email address to my personal one so I can chase them up when their credit card expires or such like so I get 6 x everything Evil
Community Veteran

Spam from Plusnet?

the link in this topic to change your mail options has still not been fixed!!!
JonathanW
Grafter

Spam from Plusnet?

Looks like this has been fixed, as clicking on the link in this email now takes you to the opt out page.