cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam emails.

N/A

Spam emails.

I keep getting spam emails nearly everyday. Some with no subject and some with no email address.
How can i get rid of the spam emails coming in or filter the junk mail?
26 REPLIES
N/A

Spam emails.

I get 25+ a day and increasing.
N/A

Spam emails.

Try mailwasher, then sign up for an account with spamcop and report the lowlifes, like I do for 2 hours a day?
N/A

Spam emails.

I've used mailwasher for years.
oliverb
Grafter

Spam emails.

I see mailwasher still has the feature to generate "bounce" messages.

Bounce back unwanted e-mails so it looks as if your email address is not valid. This will make the sender think your address is no longer active so your name can be removed from their list. This unique feature is great for privacy and it couldn’t be simpler!

IMO that makes it part of the problem. Last time I looked spamcop will allow reporting of bounce messages as spam, so when all your "bounces" hit the spoofed address they can report you for spamming and get plusnet blacklisted again.
N/A

Spam emails.

I thought Webmail might have a spam filter or something that i have to turn on. So is a third party program like mailwasher the only solution or is there a sure-fire program that everyone uses and works?
N/A

Spam emails.

I don't know what has suddenly happened but I'm getting 50 an hour!!
N/A

Spam emails.

Yep I am getting hit with about 4 - 10 a day now, never used to get them until about 4 weeks ago .... :roll:
N/A

Spam emails.

Just received another 136 ,10 mins after the last lot!!
N/A

Spam emails.

That's a lot of spam to recieve in a short space of time. Hotmail filters junk mail. Cant PN sort us out with that sort of feature?
Really annoying to keep deleting, especially 'No Subject' mail, as i might get mail from a friend of someone that is 'no subject' as well
N/A

Spam emails.

I'm not as bad as some people on here but my spam is going up by the day, 30+ now.
Is anything being done about this PNHuh
N/A

Spam emails.

1,346 this morning.Starting to have a big effect on my 'useage'!!!
N/A

Can Plusnet not filter spam before I download it?

I am starting to get more and more spam. I have always been careful who I give my PN address to and have a Hotmail I use if I need to register or provide when buying online.
Yes, SOME of it is marked as [SPAM] in the subject line but in Outlook Express I have to download it first before I can delete or filter it.
Orange filter out most spam before it gets downloaded and you can log in to your webmail service and check the spam folder for anything that has inadvertantly been sent there. Also, in your Inbox, you can "Mark as Spam" anything they miss - thereby (in their words) increasing the effectiveness of the filters.
I think that is a much better approach than than the PN way so could PN adopt it?

What do you think?
Cheers_____Malcy
N/A

Spam emails.

Just received another 136 ,10 mins after the last lot!!

Over 2000 a day here!!! Sad
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Re: Can Plusnet not filter spam before I download it?

Yes, SOME of it is marked as [SPAM] in the subject line but in Outlook Express I have to download it first before I can delete or filter it.

I suggest you try using Magic Mail Monitor. This runs independently of your usual mail client (OE) and shows you a list of emails sitting on the POP3 server - it does not download the emails themselves. It will then allow you so delete the spam emails directly from the server. Having done that you can then send/receive in OE to get the rest.

It's free and can be obtained from http://mmm3.sourceforge.net/

It does more than I've described - but I'll leave you to explore!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)