cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam alert! Change user name please!

N/A

Well, I'm being brave here posting for the first time on a forum. The recent harvesting of e-mail addresses led to the discovery that we had over 1500 Spams in the webmail filter. Not only that, our username@username.plus.com
and our postmaster@username.plus.com was compromised, as well as our two personal e-mail accounts. We have gone to googlemail, entailing hours of work, and mailing everyone on the address book, plus banks, etc because of the compromised accounts. In spite of that, we have been advised that we will continue to get disgusting Spam into the postmaster account. Sadly this is true. We have also been told we cannot change the user name. Surely, in this day and age, someone could come up with a system for the compromised individuals to change their username? It seems the only way I can think of is to leave Plusnet, or close the compromised account with 30 days notice, unless Plusnet know better of course. Despite several questions to the support team, we had to ring in the end to try and get some answers. I woould still love to change the username! Thanks, Lost in Sussex
2 REPLIES
N/A

It is possible for PlusNet to change your Username as evidenced by this post:-

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56308

Hopefully your post on this forum will be enough for someone at PlusNet to do something about it.

Until they do, you might like to try redirecting your Postmaster address to Googlemail - their Spam filter should be able to deal with the Spam much more effectively. Or you could just ignore the Postmaster account completely, which although against the terms and conditions, you have good reason for doing so.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Changing the username currently is a very long process and is therefore not feasible on a large scale. We are investigating ways to allow customers to change customers usernames more easily, you can find information about this here
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team