cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam, Wonderful Spam

N/A

Spam, Wonderful Spam

This is just for general discussion- If any Plusnet staff read this I would be interested in your comments.

Today the 'Plusnet newsletter' arrived in my inbox. In it was a reference to how to stop spam emails. Since, it would appear, EVERYTHING is spam at the moment I found this rather amusing. The current spam filter situation is outrageous. This is a service we pay for!!! Even virus warning emails from Plusnet, (the one's that say you have received an email containing a virus), are flagged as spam. I am having to sit like a lemon and vet all emails. My life is too short for this.

Any thoughts anyone?
7 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Spam, Wonderful Spam

Hi there,

A decision will be made today regarding this and the details posted to Service Status. It's clear we still have an issue and it's likely a reset of the filter is on the cards.

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Spam, Wonderful Spam

Hi there,
It's clear we still have an issue and it's likely a reset of the filter is on the cards.
Rgds,

This is progress - an admission there is (still) a problem. The filter is unusable currently - I've turned it off. Let's hope for the reset. Even then, it will be some time before I start to rely on it again...
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Spam, Wonderful Spam

Indeed. Assuming a reset is what we decide to do, we've then got the task of retraining from scratch Sad

Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Tigger
Grafter

Spam, Wonderful Spam

How about an update on the Service Status page (which was promised for 5 pm yesterdayHuh??) :roll: :roll:
N/A

Spam, Wonderful Spam

I have never used my plusnet email address on any website since I joined back in 2004/2003 and yet I am getting spam, has anyone else seen this?

Dale
Lorian
Grafter

Spam, Wonderful Spam

Indeed. Assuming a reset is what we decide to do, we've then got the task of retraining from scratch Sad

Rgds,

Yes but to do this DITCH all HAMS and SPAMS you have received so far, and collect and process new ones DAILY so there is only a slow gradual mood swing in the filter, not that YES to NO fliplop that occurred.

Of course the other issues is one man's HAM is another man's SPAM. Its pretty important that in the first instance people unsubscribe from any unwanted communications that they have previously signed up for, and NOT report them as SPAM.

Sifting them by hand will be time consuming and potentially provide data security issues if more sensitive HAMS are sent to you (passwords etc). I think actually you need to spend more time vetting SPAMS than you do HAMS.
taywood
Grafter

Spam, Wonderful Spam

Hi to Kilborn You are not alone.

Yes we've all got it and its driving us frantic with anger.

In my case I've got certain incoming emails re directed to other family members and friends.
They question the Spam heading, thats called Spam too, my response back to them is called Spam, and so on ad nausia.

I use Mail Washer which intercepts all mails and lists them.
My setup Rules say that if it shows Spam in the Subject line then tick the box, so one glance down the list and I can click Delete to take them out. Now every damn mail says Spam and has to be reviewed individually. We're back to the bad old days.