cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Whitelist

N/A

Spam Whitelist

I have a friend with whom I exchange a lot of short messages, sometimes only a URL, with topic lines often resembling spam. His mail is being flagged as spam. Is adding him to my online address book enough to cure this or do I have to do something else to whitelist him?
4 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

Spam Whitelist

Unfortunately, adding him to your address book won't cure the problem.

Your best bet is to forward the emails to notspam@despamchecker.plus.com which will help to train the filter as to what is and isn't spam.

Given time, it will probably learn not to tag the emails incorrectly.
N/A

Spam Whitelist

Thanks for the prompt reply, but I have to say that the lack of an ability to explicitly whitelist certain sources signifcantly diminishes the usefulness of the service, at least for me.
Community Veteran

Spam Whitelist

I have to say I have found the SPAM filter to be very effective. OK it did miss several on a couple of days last week when my Inbox was receiving upwards of 50 SPAM emails per day, but I have not received any emails incorrectly tagged as SPAM for a considerable while now.
N/A

Spam Whitelist

@ kadath - see http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56114 also Wink I'm hoping PlusNet will add this ability in the near future...