cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam, Speed, P2P, blah blah

N/A

I've been with Plusnet for 7 years now - there's dedication for ya Smiley Just a couple of quick questions...

1) My router is now showing 7616kbps down and 448kbps up, so I presume I've been maxed or LLU'd or whatever. Line attenuation is 15/5db and noise margin 9/21db. I can see my local exchange out of the window.

BUT! Speed tests at off-peak and peak times always show 1483/378Kbps. Anything I can do at my end to improve this?

2) I know that Plusnet have screwed up the spam filter, but it's also impossible to turn it off now? Rubbish!

3) I used to do P2P now and again - about 8 hours a month. I read about the Ellacoyas etc. but it's unusable now and I'm on Premier 1. Ok this is more of a moan than a question...

4) When you view the Plusnet office webcams, why does it always look like a 6th form common room? There's just a fat teenager eating crisps and a bunch of hoodies loitering in the background.

Perhaps point 4 answers points 1,2 and 3 Smiley

Jason
5 REPLIES
Zathras
Grafter

Good news p2p is rubbish on Premier 3 too :shock:
James
Grafter

1) My router is now showing 7616kbps down and 448kbps up, so I presume I've been maxed or LLU'd or whatever. Line attenuation is 15/5db and noise margin 9/21db. I can see my local exchange out of the window.

Duly prodded. You should see changes with the half hour.
N/A

Re: Spam, Speed, P2P, blah blah

2) I know that Plusnet have screwed up the spam filter, but it's also impossible to turn it off now? Rubbish!

Have been on 3rd party email and web hosting for ages now. Well worth it... Especially given PN's hobby of deleting GBs of emails, delaying mail, spam-etc. Of course, FTP uploading can be dodgy what with the ellacoyas going mental -- even though the server is (normally) v responsive and only 1 or 2 hops out of the PN network.

3) I used to do P2P now and again - about 8 hours a month. I read about the Ellacoyas etc. but it's unusable now and I'm on Premier 1. Ok this is more of a moan than a question...

Exactly the same here with my option 1... I'm off soon.
N/A

Just restarted the router and did another test:

Date 11/12/06 21:25:05
Speed Down 808.55 Kbps ( 0.8 Mbps )
Speed Up 374.01 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )

Wish I'd kept my mouth shut now - speed has halved lol
N/A

Date 11/12/06 21:25:05
Speed Down 808.55 Kbps ( 0.8 Mbps )
Speed Up 374.01 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )