cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source of 8 meg dates

N/A

Source of 8 meg dates

I've just found this quick and easy tool on Wanadoo's site showing when they will have 8meg availability at which exchanges: http://www.wanadoo.co.uk/time/8meg_iframe.htm

Presumably these dates will be similar to Plus?

Anyway, I get the impression if you're not mentioned then you definitely won't get the upgrade until after March.

I feel very sorry for the people being taken in by the "queue-jump" offer to pay nearly £20/month more for the 8Mb service that doesn't yet exist... When is someone going to stop Plus doing this?! - they are raking it in! Also, note that Wanadoo are not charging users more for 8Mb anyway...
8 REPLIES
N/A

Source of 8 meg dates

That would appear to be Wanadoos LLU products.

Plus net have already announced the launch of LLU products by teaming up with Easynet and customers in enabled or llu'd areas should see the faster speeds by the end of the year.

See this post for further details.
Community Veteran

Source of 8 meg dates

Hmmm, good question halsteadk :?
I wasn't able to find any info the other day as to when my exchange would be upped to 8Mb, or when it would go LLU. But this Wanadoo link reckons that my exchange will be 8Mb b4 the end of 2005! :shock:
So I wonder where they are getting this info from as well! :? If it's correct, then Yippee! :lol: But I kinda get the feeling they are making it up! Tongue (Join up ploy including free upgrade to 8 MB) I guess time will tell.
Community Veteran

Source of 8 meg dates

As Mark stated, the wanadoo page is refering to LLU and has no connection to the BT upto 8Mbs speed trials currently in progress which PlusNet are involved in and where their 8Mbs product will come from.

BT's provisional date for the full rollout of MaxDSL (higher speed ADSL) is April 2006.

PlusNet are looking at LLU but no detals will be available on what exchanges are supported until Dec and it's not related to the Wandaoo LLU exchanges listed on their page as I believe PN are using another LLU supplier.
Community Veteran

Source of 8 meg dates

Hi Peter.

So if Wanadoo are gonna enable "upto 8MB be it LLU or whatever, at my exchange b4 the end of this year (refer to my post above), what does that mean for me? Can Easynet be at my exchange as well when they get around to my neck of the woods? Or do I get lumped with Wanadoo as the only option? I dunno, I'm a simple sort Tongue Please see if you can fill me in with a little detail Shockedops: Smiley

tia.

It doesn't matter if ya can't fella. I'm not in any rush to go faster anyhow, I just wanted to get a handle on how it go's is all! Wink
JonathanW
Grafter

Source of 8 meg dates

Hi,

There shouldn't be anything stopping there being more than one LLU provider in your exchange. That's assuming there's enough physical space in the exchange for whatever equpiment the LLU provider needs to install to add their network to that particular exchange.

As for our LLU availability, its going to be on a few exchanges at first as a trial, though this will most likely get pushed out to the other Easynet enabled exchanges once we have some results of the trial.
Community Veteran

Source of 8 meg dates

Jon, you know you are going to put Aylesbury (SMAY) on the trial ;-)
Community Veteran

Source of 8 meg dates

Ok thx for that Jon! Smiley

LOL :lol: Daniel you're a speed whore! Tongue
Wheelie
Grafter

Source of 8 meg dates

Damn I never thought I would ever see LLU on my exchange in a month of Sundays. Saying that its Wanadoo so maybe I had better wait see if anyone else wants to go there now Smiley