cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry it's me again...

N/A

Sorry it's me again...

Whenever I try to connect using the modem I recieved this morning I get this message:

Error 680: There was no dial tone.

What excactly does this mean, am I doing something wrong or am I just being impatient?

Sorry to keep bothering you like this, if you couldn't guess already I'm a little anxious about getting started! Cheesy

Big thanks
37 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Sorry it's me again...

In future, please add comments to the original thread.

The modem will generally give that answer when it cannot find an ADSL signal on your line.

Is your line enabled yet?
N/A

Sorry it's me again...

Not sure if my line's enabled yet. How do I find out?
Walrus
Grafter

Sorry it's me again...

N/A

Sorry it's me again...

Your router/modem will synch with the equipment at the exchange.
This is generally shown by a solid light marked ADSL, or synch.
N/A

Sorry it's me again...

My ADSL is now synch'd which is brilliant, unfortunatly I still have to wait a bit longer for BT to release my phone number to PN (at least that's what CS said) so I can log on.

It's such a tease to have those little green arrows telling me that I'm connected but I still cant log on. Much more of this excitment and i'll have to go change my trousers. Cheesy
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Sorry it's me again...

If you try to log in now with your adsl username our RADIUS server should activate you automatically after about 30 minutes.
N/A

Sorry it's me again...

I've tried logging in with my username and password but am told they are not recognised when I rang CS the guy I spoke to he said I'd have to wait untill friday (my activation date).

What excatly is RADIOUS? Can I use it to log on broadband?

Hope so.. Smiley

The excact message reads:

Error 691: Access was dnied because the username and/or log in password was invalidon domain.

If there's away to get around this I'd love to know.#

Thanks for your help.
craigbrass
Grafter

Sorry it's me again...

It's only two days, why not just *wait* lol.
N/A

Sorry it's me again...

He wants to get online as quickly as possible (so he can complain about the slow speeds and frequent disconnection Wink )

Still not working?
craigbrass
Grafter

Sorry it's me again...

Yea, I suppose getting broadband for the first time is exciting! lol
N/A

Sorry it's me again...

He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.

Doesn't stop me wanting more though Cheesy
craigbrass
Grafter

Sorry it's me again...

LOL, I am sure thats how it works!
N/A

Sorry it's me again...

Nice to see I'm not even connected yet and already forum members are taking the p**s out of me!! :mrgreen:

My girlfriend thinks I'ce become obsessed, don't know where she got that impression! Shockedops:

I like that annoying girl who turns in a blueberry from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I want it now, now, NOW.

Cant complain about Plusnet though (assuming that once I'm conected all goes well) they've been very helpful and quick (despite my over zelousness). If all continues to go well then I'll be posting a very big thankyou thread.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
LiamM
Grafter

Sorry it's me again...

If your line is physically activated, then I see no reason why you cannot connect.

Plusnet cannot raise a fault on your line to BT, until BT confirm it as active, however, if your line is showing as syncing, then they should be able to help as to why you cannot connect.

I would give the CSC if you are definately syncing, and get them to talk you through the login settings for your new modem / router. If your line is active, then you should be able to connect now, and waiting until your activation date will make no difference at all.