cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry, another upgrade thread !

N/A

I clicked the upgrade button (went for the £19.99 2Mb option) around 5th November, having completed my 12 month sentence on the £24.99 Easystart.

I was told that this can take a week. Subsequent to this I've seen a few notes in my ticket list and have been verbally told that they think the upgrade has been refused by BT, but so far no-one has given me any clarity on the situation.

In the meantime I've been billed another £24.99 for the Easystart !...

My issues are this :

1. How and when should I expect to receive info about the upgrade progress
2. Surely plusnet have a responsibility to move me to the least cost option for the service whilst I await the upgrade info... £21.99 is the most expensive 512k offering so I shouldn't pay more than this.
3. If the 2Mb has been refused, will I have to go through the wait all over again while BT and plusnet have a little think about my line... and potentially waste another £24.99... if I was being cynical I might think that it's not in plusnet's interest to race this through whilst they can charge me £3/mth extra for a service.

Anyone any thoughts/answers ?
7 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

You wont' be automatically moved to £21.99 a month for 512 - you will remain on the Easystart at £24.99 a month.

If 2MB has been refused by BT, presumably you could try for 1MB - you will likely succeed there as if you had 512 before 6th September, you can now get 1MB.
N/A

You wont' be automatically moved to £21.99 a month for 512 - you will remain on the Easystart at £24.99 a month.

Not sure I made myself clear... I've asked for a regrade, and said I want to go for a cheaper option. Should I ask for a 512k - £21.99 (no charge option, and no need for BT to be involved i.e. completely in the hands of Plusnet ) regrade and then try to go for the 1Mb after that... I was hoping that some customer service might kick in and regrade me to the lower cost option pending the regrade reply from BT... whenever that might come ?

If 2MB has been refused by BT, presumably you could try for 1MB - you will likely succeed there as if you had 512 before 6th September, you can now get 1MB.

I haven't been refused, rather I've been ignored... I'm just frustrated that the whole thing seems to have gone into limbo through no fault of mine, and the whole time Plusnet can legitimately export full whack for the 512k service while I have the pleasure of waiting...

Hope this doesn't come across as too vitriolic, it's just frustration and a mild feeling I'm being cheated :?
csogilvie
Grafter

If you change from Easystart to Broadband Home Premier it would appear to be Free - this would save you £3 per month. You would then need to pay £14.99 to regrade to a higher speed. If you regrade from Easystart its still £14.99 - so in the mean time this may be your best bet. You could probably ring support and get this done over the phone... but don't quote me Wink

I think Regrades are automatic in the main now, it would need someone from the Staff to confirm whats going on with yours though.
N/A

If you change from Easystart to Broadband Home Premier it would appear to be Free - this would save you £3 per month. You would then need to pay £14.99 to regrade to a higher speed. If you regrade from Easystart its still £14.99 - so in the mean time this may be your best bet. You could probably ring support and get this done over the phone... but don't quote me

Not sure I follow... if I regrade from easy start to 512k Premier it's the same speed so no regrade fee and a £3 saving. :shock:

I think Regrades are automatic in the main now, it would need someone from the Staff to confirm whats going on with yours though.

I was hoping one of them might pop along here Wink
csogilvie
Grafter

Not sure I follow... if I regrade from easy start to 512k Premier it's the same speed so no regrade fee and a £3 saving. :shock: :

No, I read the wrong table Shockedops:

http://portal.plus.net/support/adsl/upgrade_guide.shtml#table4

IF you move from 512 Easystart to 512 Home Premier, it costs £14.99. You would be better staying on Easystart then as it would be £15 to go to Broadband Home 512, then £15 (or more) to regrade.
N/A

IF you move from 512 Easystart to 512 Home Premier, it costs £14.99. You would be better staying on Easystart then as it would be £15 to go to Broadband Home 512, then £15 (or more) to regrade

Yep... I can see that now... thanks...

Still looking for input on 1 and 3 below though !

1. How and when should I expect to receive info about the upgrade progress
2. <snip>.
3. If the 2Mb has been refused, will I have to go through the wait all over again while BT and plusnet have a little think about my line... and potentially waste another £24.99... <snip>
csogilvie
Grafter

1) Updates are provided in link:Contact Us - you may need to choose to View All Queries (View Queries button, then all)

2) Yep, unfortunately.