cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sorry - Another 8mb Upgrade Question

N/A

I know you guys must be getting sick of these qustions but..............

Yesterday I got an email saying congratulations I can be upgraded to 8mb. I am assuming this is the beggining of the upgrade process for me? Or was it just a generic email?

If it is the start of the process and I ask this question becuase of conflicting info I have read.

Do I need to keep my router on at all times? Should I turn it orff? I ask because I am at work all day and my router stays of until I get home, it then gets turned of when I go to bed.

The email also mentioned that i would be upgraded in the "comming months" ? I thought it was quicker than than.

Thanks in advance
12 REPLIES
N/A

Yup, I must admit the time scale of up-grades - PLusNet has made it as clear as mud. I am about to enter my next billing period so due to start the up-grade process. I was confused that peple would be up-graded but this would take some time but could be hastened if they asked for it to be done as soon as possibleHuh?? Why would anyone not want it as soon as possible :?: It would seem if you do not get the increased speeds, you get all the disadvantage, as far as i am concerned, of differeing allowances but no advantage of the increased speed.
So when you find out how long it actualy takes, can someone let me know then I will have some idea if PLusNet has just missed me or it really does take xty months.
N/A

I done a bit of extra reading and put my name down for the Q jump. Got no idea what that does.
N/A

Turn your modem off whrn ever possible untill you get the email form plus net telling you its complete. Then leave it on. Else youll get the bT curse.
N/A

Thanks Forthe advice. Do i need my pc on? orjust the modem? Sometimes my router does not connect without the pc on
N/A

Also check you're contact us tickets. When I got the "congratulations" e-mail I also found two tickets had been generated at the same time indicating the order had gone through to BT.
N/A

I have nothing in the contact us part
N/A

Actually, I have just found this.

"The automated Generic Modify Transaction (MODIFY) has submitted an order in eCo to change the customers product to BT IPStream Max Premium."

What do I do now?

Im scared Wink
Community Veteran

It means you have been submitted for a MaxDSL regrade. So in 5 days time you can get 10 days worth of intermittant access. Wink

What account are you on? The queue jump ticket is now redundant for you.

SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Actually, I have just found this.

"The automated Generic Modify Transaction (MODIFY) has submitted an order in eCo to change the customers product to BT IPStream Max Premium."

I think there should be an additional ticket/service notice along the lines of...

"Generic Modify Transaction order has been accepted and BT is now processing it."

After this appears, after 5 woking days (remember there's a bank holiday this weekend) you're line should be upgraded.
N/A

So in 5 days time you can get 10 days worth of intermittant access. Wink

LOL !! great quote, made me laugh
N/A

HAHA, Yeah that was a good quote. I am actually on the 39.99 per month account 2MB.
sputty
Grafter

Well amazingly enough I had the same said e-mail from PN today :lol:...

The funny thing is my migration was completed 24/04/2006, go figure :shock:

I’m currently waiting for a response from CSC but I won’t hold my breath, I just hope for PN sake that BT don’t try it, and I mess up my connection to my new ISP.

Very confused, but not as much as PN it seems! :?

JV