cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somethings very messed up

N/A

Ive just typed in the post code+ phone number from the pub opposite, and two things have happened, 1 its connected to a different exchange 2. its predicted 3.5MBPS speed.

I have a 63db+ attenuation and im predicted 1.5-2meg and its a 20 second walk to all the places with fast internet, they are all on the exchange woodgate, while im on broadwell which is much furthur away.

In the new year the phones went down, and the bt engineer did some fiddling at the green box and is it possible he moved me exchange which made me have rubbish internet, due to the fact that BTs phone and adsl department are totally different, and the voice engineer didnt know id be getting bad internet

I think the next step is to ask the neighbours, but what are the chances of BT moving me back onto the CLOSER EXCHANGE instead of putting me on one that is 6.52km AWAY.

: Just typed in the postcode+phone number of the pharmacy down the road and its given me a whopping 5.5mbps ! I know those are only estimates but hell, im getting terrible net here and 30 seconds down the road is getting 5~ megs? Is it possible to get moved to the closer exchange? Im on broadwell and would like to be moved to woodgate.

Woodgate is much much nearer and i would get faster speeds like i need.
4 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Put it this way. It's possible, but it's going to take time.

If it gets raised to BT, fully expect it to be bounced back and forth from BT *several* times.

Get a fault raised sharpish Smiley
N/A

Thanks, its better if i phone up and explain this in the person, on the line at the moment.
James
Grafter

Raise a fault first. There's never an issue phoning up to give some further information.
N/A

Thanks, i raised a fault and pointed to this thread. The nice guy on the phone said this should be helpful, but with BT as always you need to be persistant.

I think this may be the source of all my problems!