cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something going on

N/A

Something going on

Before I waste my time attempting to get support, is something wrong in general or is it just me, appalling speeds.

Downstream 75.0 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )
Upstream 116.4 Kbps ( = 0.1 Mbps )

Router shows

ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 4752 kbps 146 kbps
Line Attenuation 42.0 db 25.7 db
Noise Margin 5.9 db 12.5 db

Whats not right? Cry
5 REPLIES
N/A

Something going on

Hmm,

The upstream looks very wrong indeed compared to your downstream sync.
Have you tried rebooting your router to see if this makes any difference? Have yuo also tried using the master socket ( the test socket at that ) and a new filter.

Looking at the readings you should have no problems...

Regards,
N/A

Cool, thanks

Cheesy

Thanks mate! Router rebooted and now

Downstream 6,321.8 Kbps ( = 6.2 Mbps )
Upstream 479.3 Kbps ( = 0.5 Mbps )

Which is more like it Smiley

Router is Netgear DG834GT if anyone else sees the same issue.

Didn't know I could reboot the router, was rebooting the PC's to no avail. Shockedops:
N/A

Something going on

Yer I bought the same router from gotdsl, the router is sound and its a neat bit of kit, but its far too sensitive for my line.
I have had to settle for the D-Link G604T which seems to handle the connection with a lot more reliability and with more stability.

Regards,
N/A

Something going on

If you have a DG834GT, then it can be very forgiving when configured correctly. You can, for example, access the hidden debug features and mess around with the adsl modulation, snr and other things to make it reliable on almost any line icon_smile.gif
N/A

Something going on

I have tried to use the SNR feature. It actually had no effect at all.
The router kept on re-training itself despite having a perfectly good SNR value of 8 - 12. One thing I dont like about the debug area though is the fact that none of those settings are saved and so if you reboot the router you would have to set these again.

Regards,