cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something I feel you may have over looked

N/A

All of Plusnet's pages, including these forums take 3-5 times a long to load as other web pages.

I'm guessing here, but I think that you may have set your shaping up for your Usenet servers using an ip range, and your HTML and forum server is setting within the same range?
13 REPLIES
N/A

The forum pages load fine and fast here, the portal pages are a lot slower though...
Community Veteran

IMO the portal has always been quite slow even before hella was in town; though on saying that the forums seem quite nippy tonight...
N/A

Ive got the same here due to a download cap that has been imposed (thanks for not emailing about cap changes). If you are a BB+ customer, make sure you have not went over the 5GB a month transfer rate, also maybe try a speedtest to make sure its not your line at fault.
N/A

Aye,

The portal is or can be slow and especially the forum.

There are a couple of main reasons for this I believe. The first being that at around 01:00 I am assuming a script runs on all accounts causing a little of a slow down ( it seems to slow every single night at the same time ).
The second I will reserve judgement on and not post in fear I may get told off lol.

Regards,
N/A

Just for clarity,

This forum takes 3-5 times longer to load than other websites, before midnight.

After midnight, it loads at the same speed as other websites.

This is why i believe its something relevant to shaping,
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Sorry to disagree but this forum and the PlusNet portal have always been slow (sometimes practically a crawl). this was from the time I joined PlusNet well before any shaping or Ellacoyas. I'd have to agree with Tom's suggestion - the one he didn't make. Smiley
___oDiN__
Grafter

ive always found the forums to be relaitivley fast, im on 2mb premier but i suppose its all dependant on what you call fast and of course if your downloading/uploading

torrents have a nasty habit of leeching ur bw making browsing slow
N/A

Indeed. This portal has always been slow, way before traffic management and shaping was ever thought of in Plus Net Towers. There is a noticable and increased slowdown as previously mentioned t about 1 am due to some other processes running, what these are I cannot remember.

It is in no way due to ellacoya's, shaping or traffic management.
N/A

Would any of you suggest that one page on this forum should take over 30 seconds to load?

With the need to refresh pages that don't load 1/4 of the time?
N/A

No. I doubt if any one would suggest that.

What I am suggesting is that your original suggestion is totally wrong.
N/A

he he,

Well we will see if the speed improves as soon as those new servers arrive

Regards,
lank111
Grafter

could it be that the servers are bogged down? say with a mailing script that take 24 hours to send a email(e.g plusnets info mailer)?
N/A

The only time I have problems with the forums, are when I try to access them from a Pocket PC - for some reason, trying to log on is impossble with the correct username and password. However, elsewhere (Connection Settings for example), with the same password & username all is fine.

Except when something needs Java - but I dont really want to run the speedtest on my Pocket PC anyway