cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone kill meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

N/A

ARGAHR gahrGARHAGRHARGahrg whr aghasrashf ashagha ahrg asarhgathagahrgahraghrgahagrhagashrgahs

FFFF999999 argharghargahrgahrgahrgarhh :lol: i've gone over my 10g slowdown peak time crappy restriction crap with 2 days left in the month. Over half of it was online gamin, its well unfair including gaming in the usage ballacks. On one hand F9 prioritise online gaming and on the other they kick sand in your eyes Cry Cry Cry :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Cry Evil :twisted: barstewardssssssssssssssssssssssssss

MY contract is up on 6th June but its gunna cost me about £80 to get out of it, so im gonna rob a bank for the cash and when I can caught I will blame F9 for making become mentally unstable Wink :lol:
14 REPLIES
N/A

well if contract up on 6th of june then you can move anywhere after than for free

but if you took the 5 year activation/referral then yes you will need to pay that
N/A

Yep I have the 5 year thing, however i would not have gone for it aif I knew F9s masterplan to strip our FOOOOOkin unlimited packages then denie they were ever unlimited. :lol: :lol: :lol: hmmm maybe I have a case to get out on my contract for nothing.
N/A

Hello monkeydile,

Yes! I can appreciate how annoyed you must be feeling, the problem with the five year plan is, F9 have a clause in that products small print i.e. in the T&C of the contract that explicitly says you have to pay back the costs if you wish to leave before the five years are up.

Yes! Sorry! I know this is cold comfort to you, its just that F9 have definately covered their backsides as a business against exactly this kind of situation. So its legal on their part as they would argue from a legal stand point that they provided the information but that you should have fully read the T&C's of the five year plan before signng up.

**In addition however, the way I understand the five year plan is that it was designed to help those users who couldnt afford the large up front costs associated with taking up broadband when it first came out in the UK. Sadly the main reason F9 ask for the fee's back is so they dont incurr major loss of profits on this plan as a result of you migrating to another supplier. I guess the way they look at it, they have tried to help you i.e. the user by providing this plan and helping you become a customer in the first place so why should they (F9) lose out as a result of you leaving? (purely from a financial or profit point of view).

Ivan
N/A

Didn't the communists have five-year plans :?: A lot of good it did too :twisted:
N/A

Hi Graham,

Yes! your right the communists did have a five year plan but it succeeded in killing millions in the process didnt it? i.e. the long march and the cultural revolution. China is still managed by the " state party" largely (yes! things have changed and are still changing). However, dont under-estimate the power of China, its already a dominant global force and you aint seen nothing yet? The two potentially most important counties to watch in future are definately China and India, the USA wont be the most powerful country on earth in the future I feel certain of this, its only a matter of time. Keep watching.

**Well yes! abit off topic sorry!

Ivan
N/A

Double posting removed (my apologues to MOD's) save you the trouble.

Ivan
N/A

Hi Mate,

Know the feeling completely about feeling screwed!!......i have just moved to www.madasafish.co.uk why not give them a try?
ed
Grafter

I dunno what this 5 year thing is, but if you signed up for unlimited usage and now it isn't, it sounds like a breach of contract, and F9 should let you out of it free of charge.

Try the small claim court if you feel you have been ripped off. I would remind anyone writing contracts with exclusions that there is a such a thing as Unfair Contract Terms covered by Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts requlations 1994 which control terms which are, "unfair and being contrary to the requirements of good faith, cause a significant imbalance in the parties' rights and obligations under the conract to the detriment of the consumer."
N/A

Unfortunately there is nothing unfair about paying for deferred activation and modem/ router costs. Part of the condittions of signing up for "free activation and modem" were that you had to use the service, or pay back an amount. As activation has occurred and modem/ router (if chosen) has been dispatched, that is not a breach of contract and must be paid for. It would be comparable to buying a mobile phone on a contract and deciding that changes made were not to your liking. Vodafone/ Orange/ 02, et al would still charge you for the phone as it is viable goods.

The breach of contract would be for the service ONLY. F9 did give 30 days notice of intention to change the t&c's, they also gave anyone who thought it was a breach of contract the chance to get a MAC key and migrate out, with no further obligation on the service part of the contract i.e. If you took a 12 month contract and had only been with F9 for 3 months, there would be no charge for the remaining 9 months.

As I said in another post, and last year when deferred activation comes in. This is going to be a lot of trouble. This is the second post in as many weeks on this subject and unfortunately, I can see many more in the future.

Mark
N/A

Hello,

Yes! I have seen several posting's on a similar or same subject, I have to agree with Mark on this one, he has explained it very well and very clearly. Marks understanding is the same as mine on this topic. There isnt any breach of T&C or contract. (see my previous posting on this).

Ivan
N/A

Hi

Yes I also agree, no breach of T & C's in my book, should have read the small print before signing up.
N/A

Hello,

Yes! well I hate to say this but I think many many of us are guilty of being abit too much in a rush to get our service set-up and running, so when we sign up we are in danger of being naive in NOT reading all the T&C's and ALL the small print (but to be fair there is often alot of small print and lets face it, most of it is pretty dry & boring legalistic stuff, so no wonder most people dont read it).

Its like Microsoft's windows end user license agreement, how many of us have actually bothered to read all x13 pages of it, I bet not many. 98% of us just click yes! I agree and rush onwards. Well sadly its about the same here with F9 and there conditions of service.

Ivan
Mand
Grafter

Hi

I've just double checked and we're definitely still into capitalism, not communism Cheesy

Deferred activation and hardware has caused a few issues, to combat this it is displayed much more prominently on the sign up pages. The terms are pretty clear and you will save 20% after your initial contract.

Regards
Mand Beckett
Comms Team
N/A

Hi Mand

I know we should all read the t&c however I think they could be made a lot simpler, I have actual tried to read some of them, and I think they are over complicated.

How about the next time you make any changes, send them to plain English first, it will make them a whole lot easier to read.

Talk Later.