cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Somebody, anybody can you please shed some light on this....

N/A

Can someone from Customer Service please advise me what I should do now?

On the 24th I received the ‘sustainable usage notification' email (please see http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36386. OK, I have been carefully monitoring my usage; I believed the email to be incorrect. I rung and spoke to a very friendly CS operator, whom after putting me on hold went and checked the records and confirmed that I had indeed not broken the limits.

However, no ticket regarding this appeared in my contact us. I thought this should have done automatically whenever you called CS, and I’m sorry Plusnet but I have begun to think that being as you have written to me alleging my breach of T&C the least you could do was also confirm in writing this was not the case. I raised a ticket asking for written confirmation, and received this reply:

2005-11-25
09:04:44
xxxx xxxx
Customer Support Centre Actioned : Dear Mr Wallace,
I can confirm that the e-mail was sent out in error and we do apologise for this.

Regards,
xxxx xxxx

No harm done, and thanks for the reply in 3 hours when the wait time was suggested as being 9 hours long. But what is this appearing now in my contact us?!

2005-11-25
12:49:34
xxxx xxxx
Customer Support Centre Open : Dear Mr Wallace,
Having looked into your usage issue we can confimr that the mesaage was sent to you correctly. Drawing usage data directly from our radius servers confirms this. A problem has been raised on the incorrect VMBU data being shown.

Regards,
xxxx xxxx

And the ticket was also raised and closed by the agent, which means I will now have to raise another to argue the point?

So, I have a verbal and written confirmation that I am correct, and another raised by you telling me I’m wrong?

How can I understand what is right and wrong here? Is your VMBU tool that shoddy, and if this is the case how can you put people on peak time management?

I’m not trying to start an argument. I’m just a fed up customer who doesn’t understand what is happening.
14 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

If the VMBU is buggy and you've been advised it was sent in error, then I personally do not think you should be put on a managed profile.
N/A

Sorry, I haven't been put on p.t. management just threatened. That point was more general, I apologise for the confusion.
N/A

I agree with what Liam said. It would be outrageous to punish a customer because there VMBU was not showing an accurate figure. If the tool to monitor your usage says you are within the SUP, then it is only fair to assume that you are.
N/A

Perhaps such responses are "value added" and might be withdrawn at any time

(not this post contains sarcasm).

Knowing that there is a bug in the VMBU why not disable the emailing until it has been corrected at avoid alienating (more) customers?
N/A

apologies in advance. been drinking for 12 hours. how about a decent response, i.e why i am i still feeling victimised when i do not know what is going on with account. excuse my one fingered typing bought on by 10 pints anbd tequila, but as i see it my original query is strill not answered. i'm not going to get angry. i just want to know wjy i can have twoo differing opinions from your internALLY FUNDED cs deparftrmentr. is that too much to ask? come on CS you have stayed away from this thread so far i just want somme simple anwswers to my questions. Please.
N/A

and i'm not completely heartless. you can have a beer while pondering. Sorry, I cant just lay down and except the VMBU tool is faulty excuse; this is what you've given us if it isn't up to the job then please stop sending nasty email. Had enough. come on.
N/A

actually, no. I'm getting angry. I thought the least you could do is give me the courtesy of a reply; one way or the other. I appreciate that this is not the official support channel, bit I feel my atempts so far to discuss this with you are unwanted. All I have asked for is clarification re my usage...
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

Firstly, looking at the times of your posts, they were all made around the time that Dave would have left last night, which means there was no Comms Agent around to respond to your issues untill now.

Secondly, with regards to your responses from the CS Agent. Initially it was thought that several people had been sent out incorrect SUP emails, however after investigation during the day this was proven to not be the case, and that the emails had been sent out accurately with the issue being elsewhere.

This issue is now being investigated so that we can ensure the reporting is accurate when it comes to next month.
N/A

Unfortunately I've had exactly the same issue - email confirming I didn't go over my limit from one support person, cap put on, raise another ticket to be told the VMU tool isnt working correctly and the usage was actually over the limit (even though the tool said 88gb which isn't exactly close to 100gb!).

Not good - I would strongly suggest Plusnet stops penalising anyone until they fix any issues with the VMU. How are we supposed to track our usage within guidelines (as I was very careful to do last month) if the tool's wrong :?
N/A

So are people who inadvertantly breached the SUP being put on a managed profile? Seems a bit unfair. If you are given a tool to monitior your usage you are entitled to presume that it is accurate. Surely if the VMU is showing below SUP usage levels, then the people affected are entitled to have the management lifted and the breach struck from their records?
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

Whilst I can understand people's frustration with this, however we didn't become aware of the issue untill people started checking their usage after receiving the SUP emails. As the data used was pulled straight from our RADIUS servers rather than using the data as presented within the VMBU.
N/A

Hi,

Whilst I can understand people's frustration with this, however we didn't become aware of the issue untill people started checking their usage after receiving the SUP emails. As the data used was pulled straight from our RADIUS servers rather than using the data as presented within the VMBU.

So surely now would be a good time to remove all the caps until you've sorted the issue or say give people a 20% margin for error on your side?

That would seem to me to be by far the easiest solution and prevent what appears to be a significant number of users from getting frustrated?
N/A

Jon thanks for the feedback.

I wasn't (in my drunken rambling) suggesting a reply between those posts, I just thought it had taken an enternity to get a response (as at that stage 9 hours had passed).

So, how out are the vMBU tools? is it roughly 10%? 20%??

It does seem the situation is becoming laughable. It does sound as people have been put on managed profiles unfairly. Will plusnet be sending an email to all effected users apologising and saying the tool is faulty?
N/A

kimwdanw - people are only getting warnings atm. Its just a bug in the software somewhere, or a dodgy server.

If for anyreason a person does go noto management, due to a previous limit being broken, a Ticket will resolve the matter.

Stop makin out that every little spec of dust that falls is a major event.

It'll get sorted before the next round.

Also last time i checked they have aplolgised to a pile of customers for this 2