cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some praise and minor complaints

N/A

Hello all

I would like to say that I am generally happy with PlusNet. Lately I have been losing my connectivity consistently. It would disconnect and I would have to connect again after numerous tries. I checked the service announcements and their is a notification dated yesterday to do with load balancing so I can't complain. No body can expect to have stable connection all of the time but I was experiencing issues prior to this and I still am. Just a minor complaint. I work in IT so know what it's like....

Can't wait for the 1MB free upgrade although i thought this was going to happen this month only to be told it might be in a few months time which is a little disappointing, especially when u consider there are now so many ISPs with good offers out there. C'mon PlusNet.

That's all for now.... just lost my conenction again so I'm off....bloody annoying when that happens.
3 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Hi there,

Do you lose sync when your connection drops ie does the line/link or ADSL light on your equipment start to flash or go out??

If not then there are a few things I can suggest.

Firstly, if possible, I would suggest trying an alternative piece of equipment or try your equipment on another ADSL line to see if the problem is still evident. This will help ascertain whether or not it could be hardware related.

It may also be an idea to specify your DNS settings in your network card properties. You can use any of the following:-

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Issues resolved

I am glad to announce that my connection is stable again. Only bombed out once today but has been fine ever since. Cheers PlusNet. Excellent job.

My only remaining nag is the 1MB connection upgrade. When does it happen. I though it was April? Not to worry. 512MB suites me fine anyway.
Cheers
N/A

Hi there,

The upgrades have been ordered with BT, at the minute it's a case of "suck it and see" but fingers crossed we will have further info available re timescales soon.

*crosses fingers* Wink

Regards,

Rich