cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some people will complain about anything!

N/A

Because PlusNet won't release the 2nd half of the 'message' till later this week, i've noticed that a lot of people are starting to predict, guess or make-up their own idea's as to what the 'message' will actually be!

Now that is fine and nothing unusual in it BUT...
What makes me laugh is that other people are reading these 'predictions/guesses' and then getting upset because they disagree with what is no more than someone elses 'Guesstimate' as to what may 'theoretically' happen or be in the message when it arrives!

Just goe to prove some will argue over anything... bet they'd even argue if they won the lottery! Cheesy

This is NOT a complaint. This is about something that makes me laugh!
27 REPLIES
ceridwen
Grafter

Yes - it is one of the reasons why I think PN were so foolish to split the announcement. It isn't just happening on these forums but also on ADSLGuide and other forums, so potential new customers may confuse these "guestimates" with real offerings and go elsewhere.

Matthew
N/A

dellik, good point well made.
N/A

ceridwen also makes the best point there though.....new customers may read these theories and take them as fact and it will deter new customers....so PN are just hurting themselves by acting like this, really not helped by a few PN staff who said things along the lines of "we don't want to overwhelm customers with information".....I'm still peaved at the rudeness of those statements.
N/A

TBH if I was a new customer & I came to the PN site only to see a notice saying we have no products till the 28th I would be dubious & go elsewhere.

Personally I think PN have shot themselves in the foot at almost every turn since BT announced speed upgrades.
N/A

PN are just hurting themselves by acting like this, really not helped by a few PN staff who said things along the lines of "we don't want to overwhelm customers with information".....I'm still peaved at the rudeness of those statements.

That wasn't the real reason for splitting the announcement though. They made it up instead of telling the truth, which would have gone something like this:

"The new boss has pointed out the fatal flaw in FUP, namely that up to 100,000 peasants downloading 24/7 at speeds from 2Mb to 8Mb for two solid months without any connection management by us would require us to invest at least £1m in new pipes and infrastructure in order to keep our FUP promise.

"We couldn't even cope over the last three weeks with the relatively small numbers who queue-jumped to increase their speed to 2Mbps, so what chance would we have had when the floodgates were opened?

"So, following today's manangement meeting in the canteen, we have decided to ditch the FUP before it causes spontaneous combustion and we've cobbled together another fag-packet scheme to replace it with. We don't have a clue what the new products and prices will be - especially after testing a few very silly ideas on the User Group - so we will need at least until April 28 to come up with something.

"Since we are making it up as we go along, we obviously won't be able to answer any questions for the next week, so the best advice is not to ask any.

"The moderators and staff are not on holiday. It's just that we've told them to keep as low a profile as possible while we shuffle these scraps of paper around.

"We are fully aware that this last-minute volte-face will make us the laughing stock of the industry while destroying whatever vestiges of customer confidence remained. But the last thing we wanted to do was keep you, our remaining customers, in the dark for any longer, hence this announcement -- which I think you will agree takes PlusNet to another new level of customer service.

"There have been rumours circulating that those PlusNet managers responsible for FUP would be fired but I am pleased to announce that they have in fact all been promoted for coming up with this new idea and saving our bacon.

"Notwithstanding the fact that all our products are currently missing, believed dead, I can reveal one tantalising titbit... Not only are we withdrawing our silly promise of free upgrades to 4 and 8Mbps but we will allow any customer who donates £18 a month to us for an indefinite period to avoid the £1.50 fee which he would otherwise have to pay to upgrade to 4/8Mbps, in the unlikely event that he should ever be able to get one.

"So, I think you can plainly see that we have not been wasting our time and that there will be plenty in the new products to get everyone excited.

"Tune in again on April 28. We're bound to know something more by then."

Simon
N/A

I would like to complain about this thread.

You have setup yet another therad where similar matters are being discussed.

Only kidding :lol:
Community Veteran

The moderators and staff are not on holiday. It's just that we've told them to keep as low a profile as possible while we shuffle these scraps of paper around.

No holidays here, if you have seen a reduction in the presence of moderators it is mainly because some of us are busy externally and we also have no additional information to yourselves. Like you we are all waiting for the rest of annocements so we can make up our own minds on a few things.

Chris
N/A

we've cobbled together another fag-packet scheme to replace it with.

rofl, that's a classic. Cheesy
N/A

But you can see their point as to the split announcements.

Last time they announced two products at the same time being the FUP and MaxDSL they had to spend the next gawd knows how long trying to get people to understand that they were not connected. Even after the FUP was withdrawn, there are still people saying things along the lines of 'Well that means the end of maxdsl then does it seeing as they were linked'.
N/A

Like you we are all waiting for the rest of annocements so we can make up our own minds on a few things.

I thought you (the user group) had already seen the second announcement?
channel
Grafter

Last time they announced two products at the same time being the FUP and MaxDSL they had to spend the next gawd knows how long trying to get people to understand that they were not connected. Even after the FUP was withdrawn, there are still people saying things along the lines of 'Well that means the end of maxdsl then does it seeing as they were linked'.

You are rather missing the point.

FUP and free upgrades to Max DSL WERE connected. PN denied this vehementy at the time but, in this new, post FUP world, continually tell us that that was just a pack of lies they were telling and that, in reality, the application of a FUP was necessary to give free speed upgrades to 8Mb etc.

If you need further evidence, then feel free to let me know, or, alternatively, just have a poke around on ADSLguide. You'll find CS staff falling over each other to tell users that no FUP means no free MaxDSL regrade. (And if you go back a bit further you'll find the same people saying that the two were in no way linked.)
Community Veteran

I thought you (the user group) had already seen the second announcement?

Not yet (unless I've missed something, which is also possible).

Chris
N/A

That wasn't the real reason for splitting the announcement though. They made it up instead of telling the truth, which would have gone something like this:

"The new boss....blah blah blah...."

Simon

This is exactly the sort of cynical conjecture dellik the original poster was referring to. Can't you just wait until the 28th?
N/A

Good point watty2000 - we're bound to get all the answers if we wait.

But in the unlikely event that we don't - bearing in mind that some people have been waiting 6 months and more for answers to other valid questions - what would you recommend then?

Simon