cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solwise 110 router

N/A

Solwise 110 router

"Originally posted by Steve
JUst send back the router ONLY with a covering note and it'll be turned round same day.
---------------------------------------------------

I want to send mine back too (but for a refund) as I haven't been able to get it to work either and haven't been able to access the web interface to configure the thing.

I have to say I'm not terribly impressed, especially considering the review it had on the ADSL Guide website.

Is there a bad batch of them or are they all like this?

Return instructions and RMA number please...."

This is a message on the Solwise sit forum. The same problem as I am having. Seems to be a recurring problem. I am not impressed especially as I have reported the problem to Plusnet days ago. They don't read the issue properly. I have now been unable to connect my home machine on the router since December.
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Solwise 110 router

Good Morning Colin,

If you believe the equipment is faulty or defective in any way, please let us know via our Contact Us system. We will then be able to review all the information you have given us and advise accordingly.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
oliverb
Grafter

For what it's worth...

I read a comment on the Solwise board that the 110 router may sometimes fail to auto-negotiate ethernet types eg 10/100,half/full. Apparently this can be fixed by hard setting the port mode via the command line interface, which is accessable from the serial port.

Mine's connected to the uplink port of a Netgear EN108 hub and has never given any trouble.
N/A

> I read a comment on the Solwise board that the 110 router may sometimes fail to auto-negotiate ethernet types eg 10/100,half/full. Apparently this can be fixed by hard setting the port mode via the command line interface, which is accessable from the serial port.
>
This seems to be the case, but if you are in this situation then you will need to downgrade the firmware on te router to version 1.37 - this is available from the Solwise site (see forum). Unfortunately the latest firmware (1.3Cool has removed the options to modify the speed and duplex on the Ethernet port - hopefully this will be rectified in the next release.

I'm not having any problems with my 110 on the latest firmware connected to a Dynamode 10/100 switch.