cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So who's offering the best ISP package right now

N/A

can't be arsed to try and keep up with the usage policies anymore, now on premier we are limited to a speed of a MAX 500k for usenet, easynews ftp etc during peak hours - laughingly 8am to midnight!!!!!!
Maybe it's just me but the reason i signed up on a premiers account paying a premium price was to have no restrictions. i don't actually down load the internet with only 8gig in total used this month and i'm in week 3, however i object to a forced restriction.
I just can't figure out why on earth it would be of any use to upgrade to a 4 mb, 8 mb or a 24mb pipline when you won't be able to use more then 500k? Bit pointless.
Even browsing and email is becoming a bit hit or miss, the QoS in general is pretty poor with my dial up 56k being able to load pages faster then my 2mb connection.
i contacted the 'help desk' and spoke to a 'wanna be ' technician' who to be quite honest didn't have a clue, came up with the usual scripted answers like;
must be a fault on the line - i live 50 meters from the exchange
must be faulty equipment - it's a Cisco 3600 modular router with an ATM daughter card - i am CCNP, configured it my self , tested and works fine.
change your DNS settings - WTF!! Is ther something you want to tell me, are the DNS servers broken, is there a problem with routing to the servers, are they unable to accept DNS requests, do you know what you're talking about?

In short nothing of use worth my effort of making the phone call.
So come the new year i'm off to a reliable ISP who is able to provide the service they advertise, so anyone done any research recently on GOOD ISPs?
6 REPLIES
N/A

I moved to ZEN the other week and have a few days left of my months notice so I can still use this board. It's obviously a bit dearer, but it's a breath of fresh air. No dropped connections (Happy Days!!!) and when I wake up in the morning the green light is still on. Absolutely NO contention and managed this, managed that nonsense. If Carlsberg did broadband they'd call themselves ZEN!!!!!!!!
N/A

cheers dmurray0...worth a look then..

cheers for that i'll take a look, not over worried about the price, it's the freedom and service i want - like all these thing you have to vote with your wallet.
N/A

Well, in life you get what you pay for, £34 to be exact but worth every penny. Took 2 days from getting my MAC to going live with ZEN, can't praise them enough,and before you ask, I don't work for them!!!
N/A

agreed, zen all the way
LiamM
Grafter

Thread locked. These are Plusnet's discussion forums after all. And ADSLGuide is going to be a much better place to discuss other ISP offerings.

This doesn't really support or help other users to be fair.
N/A

I must admit ZEN is looking good.