cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what speed should I be looking at on max?

blowdart
Grafter

I get no disconnections, no noise, my SNR never drops below 13.5, loop att is 12.5, no interleaving. Stable connection at 8000.

The highest I've seen is 5535 kb/s at 5am. During working hours, 9-5 I see between 3000 and 4000. Not really near 6-7, but I can't complain that much.

Is this a symptom of contention at the exchange, throttling at the P/N side, or just bad luck?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Looks about right to me. Top whack is about 7mbps if you're syncing at 8000. If you want true 8meg then maybe you should invest in a leased line.
blowdart
Grafter

Looks about right to me. Top whack is about 7mbps if you're syncing at 8000. If you want true 8meg then maybe you should invest in a leased line.

Yea, I just keep wondering why I'm averaging 4000 with damned decent stats, if it's the exchange, or the PN pipe, or what. It's a lovely SNR
long-gone
Grafter

Are you using a wireless router?

If I connect to my router via the wireless USB "dongle" on the PC then I get about 4.5M
If I connect to the same router using an ethernet cable then I get 6.5M

My SNR is similar to yours and the connection is rock solid. The speeds don't vary much, possible because I'm on a small exchange with little or no contention.
N/A

Still in my 10 day period but syncing at

Downstream Rate: 7616 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 448 Kbps

Best speeds I have seen are like 5500kbps - 700kbps actual download speed. I think any reduction could be due to any of the things you mentioned.