Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So what is your Synch speed (max)

ady
Grafter

hey, just wondering what %'s of people get what speeds
anyone have really high sync with a cruddy line?

vote ! Cheesy
76 REPLIES
N/A

Sync's between 5&6

Speedtest results were always in the region of 4-5Mb until some idiots built a load of new houses up the road!

Needless to say, Exchange VP Status is redder than very red thing on an evening before a sunny day (think about it [hint:shepherds]), and speeds are pretty much up the spout too!

Although even in peak time I still get around 1.2Mb, so the realist in me tells me this is pretty good still.

Mustn't grumble, theres folks worse off and all that jazz.
N/A

Erm, just to add, after testing at 1.2 a minute ago, I just ran another out of interest, back up to 2.8.

Even less reason to grumble.
:?
ady
Grafter

lol tripple what i get whatever the time ! Cheesy
N/A

Sync between 4-5, but my ip profile and stable rate are 2000-2500, and no one will do anything abotu it. it takes the **** Sad
ady
Grafter

lol, just raise loadsve tickets Tongue my bras got "stuck" at 500kb for ages
N/A

I'm trying mate, to the point I feel like a moaning idiot when I ring

I've been assured that the bras profile/ip profile/stable rate are all automated and there's nothing I can do except wait.
I've given them a deadline this time though, if it's not sorted by next week i'm gone...

they tell me this crap about this profile is set to stabilise my connection, but it's rubbish, i'm syncing 4-5mbit and I don't experience any line problems at all, so why can't I download at those damn speeds? I know your stable rate is always less than your sync rate - but not bloody 1/2 the speed of it! i'm not asking for much really...once this is done i'll stop complaining on here, simple as!

I'm now finding i'm having to stay up until 2-3am in the morning to download torrents.
Whilst I was on 4-5mbit speeds it was all done within an hour.
ady
Grafter

well it depends, some people lose alot of sync speed during peak times, so they lose there bras profile if they re-sync during the peak times, i cant say much about it cus i dont have anywhere near those speeds Cheesy

alot of 7-8mb sync rates Tongue
Community Veteran

Was steady at 7616 for the first couple of weeks but yesterday and last night I had a severe bout of disconnections loosing sync with the exchange. SNR dropped and was varying between 12 and 4 dB.
Today my sync rate has gone down to 5.7 and SNR is steady at 15dB.
Hopefully if this stays stable my rate should climb back up again. Fingers crossed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

After a lot of fiddling with filters/ring wire etc. and using DMT on my Speedtouch 546 I increased my stable rate from 2000 kbps to 3000 kbps (synch at 3520 kbps for over 20 days now). Problem I had was the tones dropping after dark. Current snr 5.5db whereas it was 10.5db when I last did a resynch during the day
pacem
Grafter

I think you'll need to cross your fingers very hard John; my SNR (on BT) has been rock solid at 12dB for 25 days now and shows no signs of lowering to allow me a faster connection. I'm stuck on 2mb which means my BRAS profile is rounded down to 1.5mb. That coupled with interleaving and I'd be better off on a proper traditional 2mb connection.

Paul.<><
ady
Grafter

usually max dsl aims for a target SNR of 6, but prob your line attenuation is to high like mine, cus i usually idle around 10-15 SNR but with 56-60 attenuation (and yes! my line attenuation varies ) Tongue
craiglay
Grafter

8Meg with SNR about 20dB... The exchange is just out the back window. My SNR drops about 4db in the evening mind..

General net speed is very good, occasionally use p2p, but mostly off peak and speed is reasonable

Craig
N/A

not a bad synch at all considering my line conditions (1.6k in a straight line, but apparently it has more twists and turns than a curly wurly :lol: )

Modem Status
Connection Status Connected
Us Rate (Kbps) 832
Ds Rate (Kbps) 3488
US Margin 7
DS Margin 6
Trained Modulation GDMT
LOS Errors 0
DS Line Attenuation 60
US Line Attenuation 31
Peak Cell Rate 1886 cells per sec
CRC Rx Fast 0
CRC Tx Fast 0
CRC Rx Interleaved 2346
CRC Tx Interleaved 44
Path Mode Interleaved

I can ususally pull about 300k but my exchange is currently at VP capacity and im stuck at around 100k, never have a problem with upstream (around 85k mark)
Get ya fnger out BT Tongue
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

I have a relatively avarage line, attn of 43dB. I was getting syncs of around 4000-4500kbps, until I played with the extension. Stable rate had gone down to 4000kbps. After playing with the extension, sync went up to over 7000kbps, but steadily dropped to where it is stable at 6048kbps, although my SNR sometimes drops to 1dB ( I do have a netgear router which is meant to be poor at line figures). Stable rate back up to 5500kbps, but line throughput still around 3-3.5meg.