cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So long and thanks for all the fish...

N/A

A few good words about plusnet. I requested my MAC and it came within hours along with a nice email asking me why I am leaving and offering me a free month if I stay. I replied back citing the recent crippling of p2p speeds, to which the reply (and I paraphrase): we haven't spent enough money on infrastructure so we have to cripple everyone’s connection. There doesn’t appear to be an option to pay for a decent service.

I don’t think it’s just p2p, my web browsing has been slow and hampered at peak times for ages now.

I am now live with my new ISP syncing at 8down and 800up, web pages are loaded instantly and p2p would max out the connection if I let it! It costs more but it does what it says on the tin.

Even now I feel some sort of loyalty to plus as when I joined several years ago it felt like a community of enthusiasts. I guess that it’s just grown too big too fast.

Anyway this is my last post, keep well all,
10 REPLIES
kosh2
Grafter

I agree with everything you say. I also miss the community here, except for the occasional flame war. Evil

My new ISP is great but the forum is distinctly quiet. Perhaps it is so good there is no need for anyone to complain!!!

Welcome to life after Plusnet.
N/A

I agree I did have happy and trouble free 8 years.

I am now with my new ISP and in a ten day training period but already notice better download and ping rates.
N/A

andre02 are you with Sky now? they are not available in my area yet...but they sound good
kosh2
Grafter

No, Newnet.

I did think long and hard about Sky. The tie in the subscriptions did not worry me though it seems to worry others. I was concerned about it being a new service, what CS support would be available and any proprietary systems involved. Appears the router you are supplied with is adapted, firmware wise, and you cannot use any others.

I will give it a year to settle and watch the forums. Then maybe change. Though I am happy with Newnet.
N/A

Just looked at your isps web page andre02 , may be tempted to chuck in the towel with plusnet myself . sick of the slow speeds when I am paying for a premier account .
N/A

Hmmm, just had a look see, looks good but anyone else have any experience of these?
N/A

I have migrated today to Newnet and even though I am starting a ten day run in period my P2P is at 300Kb and ping down less than 40ms.

Do not see a reason for this not to continue.
N/A

I'm going to make a switch also, Have put up with 0.9down & 0.2up for the last 4 days. PN are not concerned in the slightest. I'm thinkin of either Bulldog, or Be. Both up to 24mb down, and 1.3up. And, I have a nice line, and close to exchange, and have cheked and I can receive it. Cheesy
Can't wait for the move after I cleared some issues up.
kosh2
Grafter

If only I got money off for referring people to Newnet.... Cheesy
N/A

To all of you who have left don't forget to visit Plusnetters

You will be made welcome and you can bet on anything you like... Wink