cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So i'm completely clear...

N/A

....i'm allowed to receive 3 warning emails before i'm put onto Peak-time management for excessive downloading?

I know this is an obvious question, but i've seen the issue worded in so many different ways over the last few weeks that I want to be 100% crystal clear on this.

So it goes...

First Warning Email: No Action
Second Warning Email: No Action
Third Warning Email: Peak-time management applied? Yes?!?

I'm making sure because i've had my first warning, I have tried to restrict my downloading, but my levels seem to be as high as they were the past few months and i'm worried about getting the next email and when i'll be restriced.

Cheers!

P.S. I did read this http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2397 but it's on a third-party site and I wanted to be sure!
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

By the looks of it AG have just used the original table
N/A

so....it is the 3rd time you get Peak-time management then?!?

We're turning into the USA, 3 strikes and you're out!
N/A

if you are on up to 2Mb these are the limits,

you get a Warning email if
100GB usage (anytime)
OR
30GB peak-time usage

you get peak time management if,
100GB usage (anytime)
AND
30GB peak-time usage

you get 24/7 management if,
150GB usage (anytime)
AND
30GB peak-time usage

so you only get a warning email if you fall into the first catorgory, you get peak time if you fall into the second, and 24/7 if your the third, no more warnings are issued if you fall into the second or third groups.
the full sup can be found here http://portal.plus.net/support/features/sustainable_usage_guide.shtml
N/A

Argh Sad

I know all about the actual limits, all I want is someone to give me a straight forward answer to this question...Do you only get put on PTM when you receive the 3rd email and not the 1st or the 2nd?

I think folks here are getting influenced by PN and skirting around answering the actual questions :lol:
Community Veteran

The warning email can be sent twice in a six month period. Unsustainable usage for a third time will mean peak-time management is applied.

On the linked page
N/A

...Do you only get put on PTM when you receive the 3rd email and not the 1st or the 2nd?:

no, if you go over the limit set for PTM, the first time you will be restricted, you must of fallen into the first band just to of recieved a warning, okHuh

but two warnings = PTM
N/A

N/A

I think you get two 'warning' emails.

The third email is not a 'warning;' it is to tell you that management has been applied.

I'd clarify this with a ticket tho.

Rich
N/A

...Do you only get put on PTM when you receive the 3rd email and not the 1st or the 2nd?:

no, if you go over the limit set for PTM, the first time you will be restricted, you must of fallen into the first band just to of recieved a warning, okHuh

Gotcha, starting to make sense now, so as i've had a first email, i'm already restricted yeah?

That's why my P2P downloads drop to 26/k between 4-12...I jsut thought this was because P2P was in the bronze q!
N/A

I think you get two 'warning' emails.

The third email is not a 'warning;' it is to tell you that management has been applied.

I'd clarify this with a ticket tho.

Rich

See, that was my assumption, but seeing the recent speed drops at peak-time i felt I might already be restricted
Community Veteran

No. As the page explains. If you fall into the warning band for 2 out of 3 months you will get a warning e-mail. If you receive 2 warning e-mails in 6 months, then additionally your usage falls into the warning band again you will be put on PTM.
N/A

No. As the page explains. If you fall into the warning band for 2 out of 3 months you will get a warning e-mail. If you receive 2 warning e-mails in 6 months, then additionally your usage falls into the warning band again you will be put on PTM.

Cheers!!! So i've had 1 email, i can have another email before I need to seriously start watching my downloads, yup?
N/A

it depends how far over the limit you have gone, i dont think you are restricted now (trust me you'd know if you were) PN will tell you if PTM has been applied to your account,

they will only instantly apply PTM if you have downloaded more than 100gb, with 30gb of that at peak time. the warnings are issued if you do either one, 100gb OP or 30gb PT. two warning and then PTM