cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Premier now has a 30 Gb peak limit...

N/A

Can someone please point me to a link that will show a breakdown of my peak/off peak usage?

Cheers
15 REPLIES
crimsone
Grafter

Indded. this is a good point.

Given the way the SUP works, I think it only fair that the "view my usage" tool be updated to show the cumulative peaktime traffic on an account, as well as the overall traffic for the month.
channel
Grafter

PN have declared that such a facility will be available ASAP.

It is a "high priority" for their tech team.

ETA is approx 2 months.......
N/A

<comment removed, answered above> - need to type faster Wink
crimsone
Grafter

ah. that's good news then.

I reserve judgement for now on how harchly enforced the SUP is, but I'm glad to see they've most definately gotten something right at least, despite any faults they may have.
ceridwen
Grafter

Depends how you define "right".

When FUP was on the cards, PN were developing such a usage meter allowing you to see off/on peak usage (as well as distinguishing between uploads and downloads). At that time, it was planned to have the usage meter running *before* FUP was introduced (rather than months after as with the SUP).

Such a meter did make an appearance briefly in April but was withdrawn due to problems (along with FUP). When FUP was withdrawn, it was suggested that the new meter would still be useful (for those who would have liked to have monitored their peaktime usage and kept it under control) and someone from PN (DT?) said they'd look into it.

Now SUP is in place (and alledgedly on the cards for some months), and such a usage meter is *still* months away?

Matthew
N/A

PN have declared that such a facility will be available ASAP.

It is a "high priority" for their tech team.

ETA is approx 2 months.......

I am told Freedom 2 Surf already has one. Why do Plusnet continue to say it is too difficult for them to implement. They have the information. If they did not they would not be sending out the warning emails.
N/A

And how can you start defining limits for people when there is no way of checking what you have used.

Its pathetic ! Evil
N/A

I have to say it’s pretty outrageous and damn stupid if you ask me.
Could you imagine if you were driving a car that didn’t have a speedometer and you were pulled over for speeding? The policeman then proceeded to tell you that it’s too complicated to build and install speedometers into cars and if you don’t like it then you will be forced to drive a very big and heavy car that only has a hairdryer motor to power it.

Or alternatively you can go and live in another country where such stupidity doesn’t exist.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

As discussed we are hoping to update VMU as soon as possible to show the peak and off peak usage separately. This will take some time to develop, as well as very thorough testing to ensure that it works correctly.

In the meantime this isn't as bad as it may seem. To be placed on any of the managed profiles you would have to have used more than 100GB in total, which you can monitor with the current VMU.

If you do exceed 30GB at peak time but your total is less than 100GB you will just get a warning.

Also, if you are worried about going over 30GB at peak time then there are a multitude of tools available to monitor your usage.
N/A

Ben

So for the weekend is the peak time just the same, i.e. 4pm to midnight ?

Thanks
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Yes, for the purposes of the SUP, off peak times are the same at the weekend.
N/A

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Thats no probs for me then, will just schedule to downloads with Getright when I go to bed, that way I should never hit my "peak usage".
N/A

I dont agree with the 30gb limit as this wasnt to my knowledge in the last terms and conditions which had to be agreed to by 14th september.

What are my options or do I need to speak to a manager again?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The terms and conditions both old and new don't mention any specific usage levels however they both provide us with the ability to take action to protect the network against heavy use.

30GB isn't a solid limit anyway, we will only contact you if you have been using more than this in two out of the last three months between the hours of 1600 and 0000, which isn't too long a time.

Over 90% of our users use less than 10GB in total each month so this policy won't ever affect the vast majority of our customer base.