cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Long

N/A

So Long

So after all the limitations and traffic shaping I have decided to leave. I have to admit though, +Net's system is working. Web pages load like a dream and e-mail has never been a problem. Super super fast!

But wait. who needs 2mb for web pages and e-mail (the fastest web page ive seen loaded at around 80kbs). Its all the other aspects of the internet I want to use. FTP, P2P mainly. Even though I'm on a Premier service I got throttled even though I hadent reached the minimum limits. And when I did! Lets just say dile-up got better speeds. 0.1kbs! whats that about!

The less said about the confusing fair use polocy, different levels of throttling and limitations at different times of the day, the better. lets just say ive spent allot of time worrying about how much i'm using. not a nice state to be in.

So anyway. I'm leaving. but i'm glad to see the fair use plocy is spelled out on the web page, even if you do have to read it several times over to understand it.

So long -Net
13 REPLIES
N/A

So Long

The problem is they keep changing their policy. Just got a Level 3 warning, missed 1 and 2. Its defnately time to move on. They wanted the so called 1% to go last year, now I think they want the rest of us to go too.
N/A

So Long

Asked for my MAC at 1900 last night, email containing it arrived at 0400. I'm off
N/A

So Long

I've migrated to Zen yesterday Smiley
N/A

So Long

I Put in for my MAC Key today i am off to Zen.
N/A

So Long

Yeah i wanted to go to Zen. but it was just a little bit too expensive Smiley. Heres a quote from them;

"Surely the idea of broadband is to enhance the user experience and give you more choice and freedom about how you use your Internet connection?"

Somthing PlusNet can learn from me thinks Wink
N/A

So Long

@aileenmedusa

You get what you pay for. My first 7 or 8 months or so with Plusnet was AWESOME, till they got these Ellcoyas or what ever they are called and its all gone down hill big time.
N/A

So Long

You get what you pay for.

With Plusnet? - I wish!
N/A

So Long

Are you guys big downloaders?
N/A

So Long

You get what you pay for.

With Plusnet? - I wish!

No way i mean with Zen

my usage.
8am to 4pm usage this month:

7.27GB

4pm to midnight usage this month:
5.54GB

Total usage this month:
27.06GB

Nov-Dec Peak-time : 19.29GB

Total : 54.08GB

Oct-Nov Peak-time : 9.02GB

Total : 19.94GB

Sep-Oct Total : 22.93GB
N/A

So Long

I have just got my MAC code and will be migrating asap. I can understand isps wanting to put a limit on heavy downloaders, however I am not a heavy user (4gb peak time in the last month). I want to get the 2mb speed I pay for, P2P speeds are the same as 56k dial-up.

I have found an isp that puts a limit on bandwith but doesn't throttle speeds which I think makes perfect sense.
N/A

So Long

I went to check my usage it said - You must first be able to connect to get a usage - Tongue

Dec-Jan 

Peak-time : 6.13GB
Total : 11.83GB

Nov-Dec
Peak-time : 3.35GB
Total : 7.4GB

Oct-Nov
Peak-time : 7.32GB
Total : 13.55GB

Usage was reset 3 days ago - I have not bothered to use the plusnet connection since because I am fed up with this intermittent connection which has been now going on for 88 days.
N/A

So Long

I seem to be going through the same hassle and my useage is pretty similar to the figures above. I guess we are the new 1% plusnet want rid off.

I do wonder though if plusnet has thought about where all its future high profit product customers will come from, such as,

who will use voip
who will use streamed video downloads.

Its not likely to be there low broadband users because by definition they are likely to have joined as they wanted a cheap transfer from dial up. They are also less likely to be happy with divx and other formats that will give us streamed services. Nor will they have the hardware needed. My guess is the group left are very unlikely to be the early adopter group needed. Where will the early adopters be, sounds like zen internet to me.

Hopefuly once plusnet decides if there level 1 management stops data or just slows it and decides to let me leave as the product is no longer suitable then I to will be off to zen to download some more content to stream to my TV via my divx kiss players and continue phoning my oversea's relatives via voip and letting them join in with christmas and birthdays via webcam.

leaving plusnet with there low user group they want..
N/A

So Long

what happened to "and thanks for all the fish" :?: :lol:

Maybe they didnt supply you with enough fish? maybe your on the wrong fish profile? You should be able to get a good fish rate on premier fish, i mean they do give you 20 clean fish per month.

Ok maybe took that alittle toooo far Smiley

@dgwise - they have an unused traffic priority setting, which i supect will offer a pay Per GB requirement option for those who need more than the product itself offers.

you may also be interested in this: http://adslguide.org/newsarchive.asp?item=2507