cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Long, Farewell and all that SOM stuff....

N/A

Let me start by saying i have been with PN since September 1999, and for 6 years was a very satisfied customer and have set up many friends and associates to use PN. So what went wrong & why am I leaving( and I am not alone).
If it was my business I would be concerned, Very concerned.
I have listened to all the reasons for the problems i.e MAXDsl issues, LLU problems etc etc, new structure to the org, how things are going to improve. Unfortunatley they dont seem to have happened, and broken promises are worse than no promises. I am attempting to leave some advice and thoughts before I transfer this week, and hope that someone at PN takes notice and decides to act for the good of the company and its users, and resign.
PN in itself is unusual in the community, as a high proportion of its users are very technical and have come here through research or recommendation, this is perhaps why all PN forums whether on here or at ADSL guide are heavily frequented, also this points to why it is sad that this ISP which was highly regarded by all quarters last year and before has now descended into the must avoid at all costs outfit. MANAGEMENT it is time to take stock and put this company back where it belonged. Listen to your users, improve your CS, as it is simply appaling at the moment. Introduce a telephone system that lets you speak to someone if you need them, not one that hangs up after telling you to use the portal. If your customers wish to speak to someone, then provide the service that they desire...simple really. If your costs will increase as a consequence then price accordingly, but losing customers and recommendations is far costlier than manning the phones. If you grow your subscriber base then put infrastructure in place to accomodate it, keep your support numbers in proportion, and pay your staff a commensurate level of pay. Provide a stable and reliable service, make all packages transparent, and do not migrate customers to LLU without informing them(fortunately for me my exchange is not LLU). YOU NEED TO REACT NOW.
As a final note it is quite ironic that my request for a MAC code was responded to in 15 minutes, if only that had been the case with the other issues. Please learn from your errors, and put this company back at the top. I promise to keep a look in here and will come home if you turn things around. One of you needs to leave, you know who it is , so hurry and clear your desk and go and ruin another business instead....
6 REPLIES
blaze30682
Grafter

think that about covers it.

ive only been with plusnet for a lil over a year and in that time now is most def the worst.

when plusnet are good, there very good.

when they are bad, they are completely horrid!
N/A

Re: So Long, Farewell and all that SOM stuff....

One of you needs to leave, you know who it is , so hurry and clear your desk and go and ruin another business instead....

Hmmmm; he/she could be in self denial... Wink

Don't forget to visit Plusnetters and let us know how you get on with your new isp. Smiley
N/A

Been with Plusnet since there inception, great at first still okay but going downhill, but now I'm setting up my own ISP

At least you got your MAC key in 15 mins, still waiting after 5 days (Ticket 20425025).

I'll be able to give MAC codes to any of my own customers I upet instantly.

Martin
N/A

You know, the guy who introduced me to Plusnet called me up a few weeks ago to apologise for doing so! He cursed PN, has set up many of his customers with PN, and now they are turning against him because of PN.

What the hell happened? I'm sticking with them for a while longer but if there are no changes within the next few months I'm leaving.
N/A

I too have suffered complaints from customers and friends that I introduced to PN. I will see how my new ISP does before recommending they migrate, I dont want a repeat of this situation.
N/A

It wasn’t long ago that I advised people also to use PN as there ISP, i now strongly advise against it and have told them to get hold of there MAC codes (i felt responsible in someway and spent a great deal of time in the process) Half have done so and are quite happy with there new ISP

I am now seeking legal advise to see where i stand regarding a refund due to the outage on my line last month and now this month again.

What ever the out come from a legal point of view, if PN don’t refund me for a service I paid for but was unable to use I will be off also, after 3 or 4 years of my good custom.

At present the customer service is a joke and i don’t understand why they haven’t employed more people at this time, yes, they may spend a great deal of money doing this, but they will lose far more with the amount of people leaving and in the process giving them a bad reputation.