cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sluggish performance.

N/A

Sluggish performance.

Im coming to end with my first month with PN and Im pretty happy with the service.

Over the past few days though i have noticed "pauses" so to speak when browsing web pages.

I have setup a L8NC account, the link is to my graph, please ignore the start as I blocked the service on my firewall.

http://www.l8nc.com/graph.php?jid=f9170b992719f5b03e1b42a2749d297c

Is that normal or about right for Plusnet?

Thanks!
7 REPLIES
N/A

Sluggish performance.

Looking at the graph its around 40ms average... which isn't all that bad depending on where the l8nc server(s) are based.

You're usually looking at around 20 - 60ms for most sites which have a reasonable connection.
N/A

Sluggish performance.

What would your opinion be with regard to the packet loss?
N/A

Sluggish performance.

disconnected during the night?
N/A

Sluggish performance.

From 8am onwards.......
N/A

Sluggish performance.

I'm getting the same pattern of packetloss and have been for some time. It appears that when PlusNet's network is under any sort of strain (or management) it starts to drop packets, as it slowly increases from mid-morning, is worst during the peak time of 4pm-midnight, then dies off. I could be completely wrong, but that's my take on it. The pattern of packetloss just seems to tie up far too closely to when PlusNet have stated that the network as it's busiest and packetloss is a bad sign.
N/A

Sluggish performance.

Generally I dont see any Packetloss until around 6PM....and again this drops off not long after midnight, noticed my exchange is Amber so just a matter of waiting for BT to complete the DSL Max Upgrade and sort out the VP.
N/A

Sluggish performance.

True, the VP's on many exchanges are in a constant state of flux (some may say disarray) so some of the issues may well be down to that.