cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow...............

N/A

Slow...............

Very very slow browsing again this morning pages taking an age to load and many (incl this portal) timing out taking several attempts to load

Along with email problems not good ATM

Tried Firefox and IE ........both the same tried firewall off and anti virus off still the same

Was on "Telehouse North, Juniper 2" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as ptn-ag2.

Now on "Telehouse North, Juniper 1" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as ptn-ag1.

Still the same Sad
11 REPLIES
N/A

Slow...............

Email is non existent this morning. POP3 has been timing out since yesterday morning.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Slow...............

I've been sending & receiving mail with no problems this morning.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Slow...............

Service status http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2

Email Timeouts - RESOLVED

No problems here Cheesy

Yet :roll:
N/A

Slow...............

Yeah, resolved so much so that POP3 times out, and has done since yesterday morning Smiley resolved my arse!!!
N/A

Slow...............

email is still not working here getting time outs on most accounts

Web pages are also timing out or take an age to load, like being back in thw 14,400 days :?

Had problems intermittantly since the other weekends problems, no management on my account, is the network so over subscribed that things have got like this or are them Elly things playing up.....
LiamM
Grafter

Slow...............

Strange, my email is back working fine.... and browsing speeds seem fine apart from during the patch earlier when a 622 broke.
amcbride
Grafter

Slow...............

Time outs for my email. Slow page loading. Last night pages would not load and then finally could not connect. Things seem to be going from bad to worse.
Ommin
Grafter

Re: Slow...............

Very very slow browsing again this morning pages taking an age to load and many (incl this portal) timing out taking several attempts to load. Along with email problems not good ATM

Same here. I am always on ptn-ag1( Plus.net realm ) and using the last remaining Metronet 155 pipe. I wonder if there is a connection?
N/A

Slow...............

Hi

I am having problems browsing this forum even posting this now. I am also AG at the same time browsing Plusnet forum on there no problems. The plusnet portal has also timeout recently.

I am on pte-ag1 if this helps anyone.

Rich
N/A

Slow...............

I have just uninstalled Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview and speeds have returned to normal email also works OK
Strange I was using Firefox and getting slow speeds and email timeoutsHuh
N/A

Slow...............

Hi All

I also am having periods where it takes an inordinate amount of time to connect to the mail server and any of Plusnets web pages.So in an attempt to eliminate any problems from my end I wonder if someone would have a look at my DNS settings and advise me if there are any better ones I need to use as the ones I am currently using are what I first entered when I initially got my broadband connection 4 years ago.I am wondering if things may have changed with the addition of Metronets pipes

My DNS settings

Default Gateway: 195.166.128.72
DNS 1: 212.159.13.49
DNS 2: 212.159.13.50
DNS 3: 212.159.6.10

and connected at the moment to "Telehouse East, Juniper 4" gateway. This gateway is sometimes known as pte-ag2."

The one I do not understand is DNS 3: as I did not enter that one and whereas DNS 1&2 remain when I disconnect the modem/router DNS 3 disappears on disconnection and re-appears on re-connection.

Of course this may have no bearing on the problem I am experiencing but thought I might ask anyway one never knows.

IanJ