cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow surfing, dropping connection

N/A

Over the past 2 days I have had serious connectivity problems. Yesterday, my connection kept dropping completey (light went off on modem), and today speeds have been very slow.

I have run the BT speed tester (through the BT connection) and got average download speeds of 1925 kbps.

I have run the ADSL Guide speed tester a few times (through my PlusNet connection) and have got download speeds between 263 kbps and 1092 kbps.

There is clearly a problem with the PlusNet service, and it seems as though my bandwidth is being restricted somewhere within your network.

Please can you:
- Let me know where I can read about the technical detail of your traffic prioritisation policies
- Explain what is happening with my connection

Thanks in advance.
6 REPLIES
N/A

I have had similar problems playing games too with my ping suddenly going way up or dropping me from the game. Seemed about the same as my previous provider for the first month too but last couple of weeks it's been pretty slow Sad
N/A

Yesterday, my connection kept dropping completey (light went off on modem)

Your speed issues are one thing but synch issues with your exchange are not within PN's control.

Have you raised a ticket?
N/A

same thing

yeah i get the same problem too. connection drops alot and modem just flashes. this has started ever since the upgrade to 2mbs. so annoying, can PN do anything?
N/A

same thing

yeah i get the same problem too. connection drops alot and modem just flashes. this has started ever since the upgrade to 2mbs. so annoying, can PN do anything?
jabb0
Grafter

Yeah i crucified one of my web hosts the other morning, just to find out that the problem of pages being served slow hapened just about everywhere... oops.

But it is annoying, and not exactly sure who to blame.
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

It does seem slow today..........