cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds? I have found someone who wants to hear from you

N/A

If this topic gets deleted, or you don't see me on the Forums anymore you will know that PN are worried :?

The lovely Michelle from Sheffield Trading standards would like you to call her and explain how you think the Broadband plus service is being sold with.....

misleading advertising <<<( They are the words to use!)

Her number is 0114 273 6289.

Also if you have the time both Ofcom
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/complain/internet/isp/other/?itemid=286711

and the Advertising Standards Authority
http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/complaints_form/

Are both very interested in what you have to say.

Thanks,
45 REPLIES
N/A

Also a handy link posted by Jaggar in another thread.

Well worth the read.

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2491

Thanks,
jagger
Grafter

Nice post j Cheesy

I honestly can't see what all the fuss is about, but I'll defend the right of anyone to seek satisfaction using the statutes in place to protect them.
N/A

Nice post onsloej, I for one will certainly be acting on it.

@ Jagger, you say you can't see what the fuss is about ?
You obviously haven't been throttled to 1/20th of your original speed (my last test came out at 130 kb/s) for using an average 5 GB a month or been put on a static IP for "monitoring" :?
N/A

Just bear in mind this section of the T&C's

6.3.3 Broadband Plus is designed to ensure that Customers using the package as intended receive the optimum experience. High-bandwidth use, as outlined above, is therefore not recommended. Where the Service has been deemed to have been used inappropriately or to the detriment of the overall Service, PlusNet reserves the right to take action against the account in question.

Secondly, the ASA are not and will not be interested in anything promoted or advertised on Plus Nets own website. Just in case anyone wastes a phone call.
N/A

Secondly, the ASA are not and will not be interested in anything promoted or advertised on Plus Nets own website. Just in case anyone wastes a phone call.

Firstly the phone number was for Trading Standards who where interested,

Secondly at the top of the ASA's homepage it says that they are interested in misleading advertising.

So should we try to do something, or would you rather we just swept this under the carpet and got walked all over for buying a product that doesnt fit its description, or clearly define what it delivers?
N/A

I filled out the ofcom one, that seems the easiest one to do.
csogilvie
Grafter

Secondly at the top of the ASA's homepage it says that they are interested in misleading advertising.

The ASA don't do anything about Companies own Websites - as it says on their own site: here

There are some types of commercial message we don’t deal with; these include:

Websites. Misleading claims about websites should be reported to your local trading standards department (www.tradingstandards.gov.uk) You can, however, complain to us about sales promotions run on websites such as special offers, prize draws and competitions.
N/A

Better to have tried and failed, than not tried at all!

Chin up! Cool
N/A

The ASA don't do anything about Companies own Websites - as it says on their own site

I'd give up Colin and Mark...... I wish I had a pound for every time Trading Standards,Ofcom etc had been mentioned over the years, and the number of ISP's threatened with them I'd be a rich person.Funny thing is: I have yet to see any posts regarding a successful use of them against an ISP related to this sort of complaint.

Has anyone else noted that most complaints (not just in this discussion) are from people with joining dates of 2005 and given the joining dates of the other 2 people in this discussion when the new terms and conditions and product discriptions were well in place...... it may be construed by both the ordinary person as well as Trading Standards Ofcom ASA and any one else: that they may not have been read properly.
N/A

it may be construed by both the ordinary person as well as Trading Standards Ofcom ASA and any one else: that they may not have been read properly.

I'm not doubting that PN have the ability to do what they like with my service if they judge its a problem.

What I am concerned about are the adverts that are miss selling the product which I have purchased in error.

To say they are only bending the truth would be an outright lie!
N/A

What I am concerned about are the adverts that are miss selling the product which I have purchased in error.

Sorry I went to the sign up page and saw no signs of miss selling IE it clearly explained to me that BB+ not being suitable for file sharing etc etc and Premier being more suited to that task...... would you be so kind as to let me have the offending URL which is a question that Trading Standards etc are more than likely to ask.
N/A

N/A

t clearly explained to me that BB+ not being suitable for file sharing etc etc and Premier being more suited to that task......

Premier is not suitable for that, not even used 20gb of peak time and I am limited down to the state where a file that would take 3 minutes from HTTP, i cant even get in 11 HOURS of p2p time.
N/A

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37411

So which part refers to miss selling? that seems to be a post made After you were being managed and as a result are asking the questions that should have been asked before you signed up for the account.