cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speed - setting changes?

N/A

Quote from PN speed tester.....Which means you can download at 18.1 KB/sec. from our servers. Our results show that your current speed is below the level we would expect for your product, you may be able to increase the speed of your connection by adjusting your settings.....

Grateful for any clues what I adjust to increase speed. (Other than my ISP of course.).
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Same for me, and Ive just switched to PAYG.

Now Im starting to get concerned that this whole ship is sinking.
hitachi
Grafter

I dont think it's a general plusnet thing,I'm on payg and am presently downloading from usenet at 822 KB/s (need the software and cant wait till off peak)
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

What speed do you get on

www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

The portal speedtest has been unreliable of late and is shortly due to be replaced.
Community Veteran

Speed on that speedtest is 950kbps about 1/4 speeds seen at the same time a week ago - as I say though, cant confirm how much of this is exchange related at the moment though.
N/A

Hi,

What speed do you get on

www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

The portal speedtest has been unreliable of late and is shortly due to be replaced.

This was not directed at me, but the 18kb/s I got is entirely consistent with the wading through treacle browsing I have been having for about a week - like many others it would seem. ie about dial-up experience. Raised at a ticket but told: a) zero speed is acceptable and b) no problems.

There clearly are severe issues. I find it in insulting that PN say not. It may not be PN, but an explanation of what it is would help.

If it is the case that BB+ users should expect no service when others are using the inadequate resources then maybe you should say. Shaping and prioritisation is one thing; lack of capacity is another.
James
Grafter

It's definitely an unacceptable experience if you are seeing browsing issues like those. This is all related to the P1 we have open about BB+ peak time speed. I promise you it's not being ignored.