cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow news after 12am?

N/A

Slow news after 12am?

I've gone over my peak allowance this month, so i'm on slow peak speeds which is fair enough.

8am to 4pm usage this month:
17.74GB

4pm to midnight usage this month:
10.06GB

Total usage this month:
42.48GB

For the rest of the month i'm down loading during the night. However i'm still getting slow speeds, ranging for 15k - 30k to an external provider.

Any reason why?

Dan
15 REPLIES
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

Sounds familiar... My billing month just started (13th). I got an email saying I have been taken back off the managed profile but my news speeds still have a hard time breaking 30k/s... even after 1am Torrents seem about the same.
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

Well I've just got up and everything I had q'd up has come down so it must have sped up at some point during the night. However at 12:40 it was still on slow mode.

I've seen alot of mention of emails informing customers when they are on slow mode, i've never had any.
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

I've seen alot of mention of emails informing customers when they are on slow mode, i've never had any.

yeah, Neither have I... Which is why it came as a bit of a surprise when I did get one telling me I had been taken back off it!
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

No official reply?

Perhaps I should, swear, say how rubbish plus.net is, say i'm leaving and want my MAC key and generally act like a child in my posts?

How does that sound?

Wink

Dan
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

hey, if it gets a reply... Smiley

as for me I've already done all that and my bulldog line should be active next week... then its 8Mb speeds all day long baby! Smiley
JonathanW
Grafter

Slow news after 12am?

yeah, Neither have I... Which is why it came as a bit of a surprise when I did get one telling me I had been taken back off it!

This is most likely down to the fact that you were put onto a managed profile before we started sending out the emails to inform customers. This is something that we've now rectified, which is why customers are now getting the appropriate emails as and when they are profiled.
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

wow! instant reply Smiley

Seems like that is the case, as I would describe myself as a reasonably heavy downloader (although generaly within the SUP). The main reason being that the connection is used in a student house shared between 3PCs. If it was just a case of being allowed as much clean bandwidth as needed until we reached the SUP then I wouldnt have a problem, but all the recent changes to the level of service we can expect at different times of day etc have driven us away... Personally I have used Plusnet for more than 3 years now in various houses and was always happy to reccomend them to friends, but I cant do that anymore Sad
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

Wow, customer leaving who's hijacked my thread gets an instant answer.

So back to the original question. Why is news slow after midnight for a period of time? I'm not going to stay up all night watching it, but like I said above at 12:40 I was still on slow mode.
shellsong
Grafter

Slow news after 12am?

Just a guess but maybe it's because, after being restricted heavily between 8am and midnight, the whole PN world and their dog try to do the downloading and Usenetting they couldn't do before midnight and turn the PN network into the internet equivalent of the M25 for an hour or so! :roll: :lol:

(Look at the bandwidth usage graphs if you don't believe me!)
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

Good theory. But the speed graph before and after 12 were sooo similar i'd be more inclined to think they just forgot to turn the management off, or that it doesn't really turn off at 12.
JonathanW
Grafter

Slow news after 12am?

The management is altered by the system automatically at midnight. However, due to the nature of the changes it can take a little while for the effects to be fully felt. Additionally, some clients respond differently to the change, such as not noticing the fact that they can go faster again for a little while.
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

Perfect, thank you.
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

Me again.

It's 12:40 am and i'm getting less than 5ksec to external news providers.

I've not gone over the peak or total download limits, this month / ever.

What's going on? It would be nice to have a thing in the userpannel that shows how much you are being restricted and for what reason.
N/A

Slow news after 12am?

01:10 @ 2.4k sec. This is a bit of a joke really.