cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds

N/A

Slow Speeds

I have in the past hour raised a ticket because for about two weeks I have experienced slow download/upload speeds the ticket was answered within 10 mins........part of the checking process involved me taking my recently installed firewall down so Plusnet could do ping tests.....while it was down I decided to do the speed test again and guess what ?..........Full Speed .......put the firewall back up and guess what?......half speed ........So if any one is using Sygate firewall and experiacing slow speeds I suggest trying with the firewall disabled ......I hope this can help a few people as I know how maddening it is when things are running slow........I just have to add that the staff at Plusnet were quick to respond and that I have had no other problems in my time with Plusnet

Yours
Happ Customer Cheesy
3 REPLIES
Mike_Grice
Grafter

Slow Speeds

Thanks for the heads up - I'll bear this in mind when diagnosing issues. Although we do generally ask to lower the firewall, i've not seen symptoms like this before...
N/A

Slow Speeds

Zone alarm works no problems but here is a statement from a m8 using Norton.....Had a similar problem with Norton Internet security, due to one of the settings (Block fragmented packets) being ticked. Unticked and back to full speed......again hope this helps one or two peeps thanks for the reply and keep up the good work

Still Satisfied Customer

I.F.Wilson
N/A

Slow Speeds

Fragmented packets are a sign that your have not applied the MTU tweak.

You may try notching the MTU down a little further for better result, and less chance of fragmentation.