cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speeds since last evening

N/A

Well like most people i've been also suffering poor speeds, in fact i'm not getting any speeds, or connection at times.

Raised a fault with, but from reading the forums it seems PN take their time getting back to people with faults.

So like to know anything more i can do, to help my ticket process, or sit and wait, and hope for the best?
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

Can you give us a bit more info. Smiley

What happens when you get no connection? Does the ADSL / Link light on your modem router flash or go out or does it stay steady.

When you experience slow speeds, is this whilst generally browsing or downloading or both?

Have you tried any of the Speed Tests, such as ADSL Guide or the BT Speed Test

The results of those should help further.

I take it you have not received any emails regarding traffic management or shaping having been applied to your account?
N/A

Hi,

thanks for your response and your welcoming. Its seems all is good actually, i guess it had to do with the changes to my broadband service. I thought that i would just experience slow speeds, but not being able to browse or anything at all.

But like i say, all is good now. I do have one question for a problem that has been ongoing for a long while. I usually have an ftp connection setup to another computer, each time files are uploaded to me or i download them, they seem to have have crc errors. On the computer that i recieve the files from, that user never has any problems.

Recently i've changed alomost my enitre hardware for my computer, so i can't suspect of any of thr hardware being at fault. So i wish to ask, is there anything that could be wrong my connection that could be creating these constant errors, and/or is there anything else i should look into?

Thanks in advanced
N/A

Hi there.

I am glad your original problem seems to have been sorted. If it returns, post back and i am sure the community can provide some assistance.

As for your CRC errors with theFTP client, unfortunately I dont have sufficient knowledge to assist with that one, but hopefully some of the resident guru's could pick up on this and provide a bit of help.
N/A

thanks, hopefully someone will have an idea about the problem, does anyone know?