Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Speed

Captain_Digital
Grafter

Slow Speed

Browsing is painfully slow, speed test of:-

Date Download Speed Upload Speed
Today 14:25 144 kbps (18 KB/s) 46 kbps (5.8 KB/s)
Today 13:56 135 kbps (16.9 KB/s) 52 kbps (6.5 KB/s)

and

The speed test has completed on test server speedtester1.nat.bt.com for user xxxxxxxxx and you have downloaded a 1.7Mb file at a speed of

1915 kilo bits per second (Kbps), your service bandwidth will have been quoted to you in kilo bits per second.

Nothing has changed on computer or router, Any one any idea's??

I'm in the process of raising a ticket, but have to wait to do 3 BT tests!!

What is going wrong?Huh
3 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Slow Speed

Startrek,

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_plus.shtml?link=resbb_pluslink

You need to read the product usage tab about your Product. You have exceeded 4GB at peak times, resulting in your speed being limited. Looking at your historical usage, this will happen every month.

I would suggest that you have a look at the Broadband Premier product, where you will not see these kinds of slowdowns.
Captain_Digital
Grafter

Slow Speed

Thanks for that, but I thought that it was only peak time that was managed and that off peak was not. Can you please comfirm for me what is correct?
James
Grafter

Slow Speed

It's looking like you've been put onto an incorrect profile which is limiting your connection during off peak times of the day. We'll get this changed shortly, but I'd still recommend upgrading your product to PAYG or Premier.