cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Response From Customer Services

N/A

Slow Response From Customer Services

Hi

I called customer services at 7.30 am on Friday 14 Jun to log a problem with dns / smtp. I called a couple of times over the weekend to seek an update only to be told that there was only one person in second line support over the weekend and that they were "dealing with internal systems problems" or " getting though over 200 open fault tickets".
Eventually, some 55 (fifty five) hours after logging the fault I received an update!!??

This is simply an unacceptable amout of time to wait for a response.

Yours frustrtedly

Phil
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Slow Response From Customer Services

> This is simply an unacceptable amout of time to wait for a response.

Good Morning,

55 hours is an unacceptable time, unfortunately at the weekend we lost so many man hours due to the database being inaccessible that this was the result.

The good news is that we have several new starters in training, and we have had a minor internal reshuffle.
We are prioritising our work and will ensure that these kind of response times are not repeated.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

Hi

It was my understanding that the database was down on Sunday afternoon? This wouldn't explain the lack of response on Friday and Saturday?

Phil
N/A

Good Afternoon,

The database was down on Saturday for several hours and again on Sunday morning, this prompted the emergency maintenance on Sunday afternoon.

The other reason is the volume of tickets, which we have taken the action I have already outlined.

Apologies for the delay in answering this.

Kind Regards

Duncan
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------