Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Internet?

Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Slow Internet?

Is anyone else getting slow response from Internet web pages today? Even the BBC site has timed out on me few times so far - and as for the portal!

Plusnet speedtest reports my connection as 1909 Kb, so that bit seems OK?

Maurice
9 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Slow Internet?

Yes, I'm getting inconsistent responses - and mail has just started to time out as well.
N/A

Slow Internet?

same here, its been like that for me since yesterday.

after a PN speed test:

Your current speed is:

220.00kbps

Which means you can download at 27.5 KB/sec. from our servers. Our results show that your current speed is below the level we would expect for your product, you may be able to increase the speed of your connection by adjusting your settings.

Discrace......
N/A

Slow Internet?

Me also. It was fine this morning and yesterday. Email is crawling as-well. Sad
shellsong
Grafter

Slow Internet?

Yeah, I did a PN speedtest, because I knew there was only attempted browsing going through our router and both this portal and yahoo were crawling, but the speed was fine. I'm three days into the new account cycle with no untoward usage in the last month so we shouldn't be under any management as far as I know!
N/A

Slow Internet?

I seem to have experienced a depreciation in service in the last weeks or so, since the problem. When I was upgraded to 2Mb everything moved like a blink. But now emails are jerky, plusnet portal seems very slow and web browsing not so fast. Speed and ping tests seem erratic but, who knows it may be my perception. Time will tell but I am certainly monitoring things.
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Slow Internet?

Thanks for the confirmation that I'm not alone! My usage is less than 2Gig per month, so I shouldn't be on any form of corrective management? But with the latest PUP we're being sold I remain sceptical. PLusnet speedtest reports remain good, but the Portal response is turgid at best.

E-Mail and USENET (Text only) are fine but connecting to external pages is intermittently slow. I'm currently trying to do some work at the OPen University site, but it takes ages for each page to load.

PUP by the way is Proposed Usage Plan (unless you think otherwise :lol: )

Maurice
N/A

Slow Internet?

Further to my previous post, I am on PAYG so do not expect too many moans. I used to show my family and friends the speed and response of +net, but not now. It would be too embarrassing. :?
passer
Grafter

Slow Internet?

I'm getting extremely erratic responses from the portal, even timed out a couple of times. Maybe someone's messing with it in preparation for the overnight work.
P2P is completely unusable. I've swapped gateways a few times but that hasn't improved it at all.
Browsing is fine.
Just another bad contention evening, I suspect.
My exchange has been Max-enabled and my billing date is next week. Wonder how long it will take?
N/A

Slow Internet?

Using PlusNet speed tester speeds are OK ish (1762 kbps) but browsing and emails especially at peak time are very slow, with pages not loading and email timing out frequently

Is it all down to PlusNets management, (I have no management on my account used less than 4GB peak time 8am to Midnight in two weeks
and 8GB overall )