cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow BitTorrent - PlusNet or my router?

N/A

Hi all,

I'm a bittorrent newbie. I have been using Azureus and am surprised at how low the download speeds are, they mostly hover at arouond 1kB/s though at night they do sometimes rise significantly.

Is this PlusNet traffic management, or should my speeds be higher?

I;m not convinced that my port forwarding working on my BT Voyager is working. Has anyone else had trouble with theirs?
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hmm

if you router supports upnp and turn it on as AZ have a built in upnp support to on the fly port mapping.

Also try changing the default ports AZ uses.

If your router doesn't support upnp you will have to setup portwarding to allow inbound traffic to get to AZ on your machine.
N/A

Yes, the router claims to support Upnp and I am getting "green lights" in Azureus - but all is still so SLOWWWWW! Any ideas? Or is this as good as it gets?
N/A

With PlusNet thats as good as it gets.
N/A

Have you got a lot of seeds that you are dowloading from plus i found setting the port range at around 50000 to 60000 on my router. I know its has got alot slower these days on the p2p. You could try a different bit torrent programe as i found some are better that others. I changed to utorrent after abc bit torrent was slow.
N/A

Thanks, no only a few seeds on the torrents I am downloading - maybe that is part of the problem.

I tried utorrent, but I couldn't get its uPnP to talk to the voyager. Do other people here have a voyager router? I thought that was the standard router which plusnet supplied?
N/A

Never even took it out the box and wish i never asked for it now as it costing me £25 for it. That set aside what times of the day have you tried to dl at off peak or peak times not that seems to make much difference these days. And have you set up pot fowarding on router and your bit torrent. On my router ive set my range from 50000 to 60000 and then set up my torrent programe for ports between them.