cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Site Down - Please reply

N/A

Site Down - Please reply

Please tell us how to increase our bandwidth transfer allowance. It is not obvious what upgrade we need. We have generated large traffic to our site through press coverage. Site being down is very bad news for us, please help.

Moderators note by chris (fa55dsl): All caps title removed, this is considered rude and shouting.
15 REPLIES
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

what account are you on?

the only way to increase your webspace/bandwidth is either to upgrade to a business account or move your domain away form plusnets free hosing and pay for a host which suits your requirements.
JonathanW
Grafter

Site Down - Please reply

From your post above its not 100% clear whether you are talking about bandwidth for your connection, or bandwidth for your included webspace.

If you're talking about for your connection, then this depends on your account type, but on PayG style accounts it should handle itself and add extra bandwidth when you go over the included ammount.

If you're talking about for your webspace, then the only way to increase it would be to upgrade your package. Though if you're already on a Premier or Busines package, these being the top residential and business packages, then there is no way to increase it further.
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

I mean the bandwidth for our site - the site is down we had an email from plusnet saying we had exceeded a limit. Are you saying there's no way to get the site back up again? We are on Business Pro package.
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

Believe the top limit for a Business account is 500MB in a 24 hour period. Might be quicker if you move the hosting than to wait/argue with PlusNet.
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

the 24 hour lifting limit by plusnet will come sooner rather than waiting anything upto a week ot sort hosting out.... looking at your plusnet homepage, the site has been archived. This has happened to me once because I went over the limit... but i wonder what would happen if you just uploaded it all again?

Also short term, you could upload a "referring" HTML page to your site which just redirects them to some free webspace with more hosting somewhere..
JonathanW
Grafter

Site Down - Please reply

Due to the reasons behind the site being archived, the system will have also made it impossible for anyone to upload to the ftp space. This is to ensure that customers are aware of the policy and so that we can have a record of the actions they intend to take to prevent it happening again.
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

Could you please tell me what we need to do to get the site back up and when th
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

...and when this can happen.
JonathanW
Grafter

Site Down - Please reply

I'd suggest checking your ticket and/or the site, as it appears that its been restored for you. Either that or someone has uploaded a rather yellow holding page.
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

Either that or someone has uploaded a VERY yellow holding page that hurt my eyes so i closed the page

Fixed
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

I'd imagine you'd save a lot of bandwidth if your site wasn't written with a lot of Flash (or similar) in it.
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

WOW, thats a lot of yellow - very bright - hurt my eyes. Cool
Found it hard to work out the navigation too.

Buildings look cool though - very interesting design work going on. Wink
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

it's broke again :?: :?
N/A

Site Down - Please reply

Really? I can still get into it fine - what do you get?