cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since you have put a stupid 5gb cap in....

N/A

Tell us when we are close to it!

Its bad enough just putting a cap in and monitoring us, but you seriously cant expect people to watch their account useage. Tell users when they break the 4GB barrier or something.

Surely PN will be able to inform their customers of this? Afterall, its not cost effective for people to go over 5GB a month.
14 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

We've aready said that people will be receiving appropriate warning emails when they reach any of the usage levels on their accounts. The first time that they reach the point of being managed they will also be offered an opt out, so that their profile can be reset to clean and they can moderate their own usage. Though as has been said, this won't be in place until next week.
Community Veteran

Jon; can't you e-mail customers when they reach say 4GB to warn them?
JonathanW
Grafter

I can raise it as a suggestion, but I don't know how easy it will be to do with the current manual process, as it is rather easy for someone to go past the 4gb level between when the process is run.
Community Veteran

All we ask ;-)
N/A

capped

i know we should all leave plusnet i pay for unlimited I WANT UNLIMITED this is total bullshit why pay for something when you are not getting it
N/A

To be honest no ISP can offer unlimited access for the price point ISP's are currently aiming at. I have a sneaky suspiscion that over time more and more ISP's will replace their 'unlimited' accounts with some form of limits - either in the form of hard caps, pay for more bandwidth or managed service.

The idea of an unlimited connection is a nice one but not practical. For a start each exchange has only a limited number of virtual paths - these are dependent on BT to provide more of - if every user on an exchange uses their connection 100% of the time then ADSL will no longer work as it relies on the fact that most users do not use their links continually. Then the ISP has only a limited number of feeds from BT into their networks, these don't grow on trees and so are expensive to provide for the minority who force the demand up. Secondly each ISP has only a limited number of outbound pipes. Once out of the ISP's networks there is only a certain amount of bandwidth available at the interconnect (tier 1) ISP's.

Until we all get our own private SDSL 1:1 links unlimited bandwidth is a pipe dream.
N/A

I absolutly agree with the not getting what we pay for , right, I am absolutely pissed off to the neck now with these stupid crap FIX UP . Oh also, Be are offering 24mbps LLU, ADSL2+ Technology at £24, only £3 more than what I pay plusnet...hmmmm
Community Veteran

Can I just remind people that this is a family friendly forum and please DO NOT try to bypass the swear filter. I've removed 2 attempts to do this by two people in this thread already.

Chris
N/A

We've aready said that people will be receiving appropriate warning emails when they reach any of the usage levels on their accounts.

Ill know when its reached as my net will run like a sack of potatoes, i want to kow when im coming up to it to firstly try to avoid your security level rubbish, mainly as i cant be bothered with getting put down to dial up speeds by breaking the flaming cap and seconfly so i can try to download most of my stuff at 3am.
N/A

As has been said repeatedly this week. This is not a general discussion forum, it is an ideas forum.

Please do not change an ideas thread into an extension of discussions taking place elsewhere.
N/A

Im not, im trying to prove a point.

You hit the cap, your already on stage 1 limiting as you are told about it, next time you break it you are put up to level 2. How long before your on dial up speeds.

Telling people they are close to their limit is an easy way for users to know they need to back off, especially if they are in threat of getting put on level 4 or 5 limiting.
N/A

redesdale is right, when i got that e-mail telling me i'm down to level 2....the way you guys put the e-mail.....Gosh!

Also I think that the premier broadband prices should go down since you've introduced this whole new thing
N/A

Well, I don't use plus.net email - because I like to have the ability to switch providers without the hassle of telling friends etc. that I've changed addresses. So I never got the email saying I was being held back. Not trying to make this YOUR problem - but just sending an email doesn't work for me....
N/A

Thread locked.

As stated previously, this is the ideas and suggestions forum and is not the place to continue discussions from the CS board.

Thanks for your co-operation.