cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple poll

N/A

Simple poll

Hi,
Just a little poll to see how many people like plusnet or not.
27 REPLIES
N/A

Simple poll

I voted no, and ill be voting with me feet soon enough!!!
N/A

Simple poll

Cheesy I don't think it's a case of who likes them or not but more a case of what can they offer you?...and lately the answer seems to be "Not a lot" :lol:
N/A

Simple poll

Quite interesting.

If the percentage of people who voted No left and took their business elsewhere, the drop in subscriber numbers would be quite large. Couple that with the reduction in referrals, the drop in revenue, the folding of +net and it all adds up to +net staff losing their jobs because they arent very good.......

Which would be nice!
Discostoo
Grafter

Simple poll

interesting question, i've nothing against them personally, but if i was playing rugby against them i'd click no.

However their staff on the phone were nice (after the 35 minute wait...) even if they're gonna change my product and i'll have to ask for a MAC..so for now... like Mr DelMonte....i say yes...
N/A

Simple poll

I like +.net, good service, good connection, good pings good speed etc.
What I don't like is the sudden traffic limit histeria when I signed up for a "uncapped" con :\

Well nothing is perfect I guess :roll:
N/A

Simple poll

Well congrats on PN, been here so short my last ISP has not had chance to refund me for the short service (due to end of service) ie 1 mo with PN and I gone from supported to down right irritated, got better service with 24/7 limits from old ISP for breaking the unpublished limit.

I wonder if I am too late to get any real clean 8Mbps link, even if it has limits, although I don't want hard cap, slow if I take piss too much I can take but no net I can't.
N/A

Simple poll

Like PlusNet? Afraid to say, not really.

The legalistic deceit which PlusNet practiced in order to enable them to, effectively, change terms and conditions when ever they feel like it has destroyed this customers trust in the company.

The shambolic, arbitary, and arrogant implementation of the various network management techniques also has caused much resentement as has the cynical, misleading product marketing 'adverts' which appeared on the main site.

Was initially impressed with +Net and was hoping to upgrade, but the confusing shambles over the last few months means it's likely a new ISP will get my business when my current contract ends.

Recently read further product 'capping' is now imminent. Oh joy! :roll:

Enjoy your increased profits PlusNet but remember Gerald Rattner's example - alienate and annoy customers at your peril. Cheesy
N/A

Simple poll

No

I joined and then a few weeks later they changed there terms and conditions on me, being a noob at broadband I believed the speel about service unaffected.

However since then my gaming has been very poor and they have ruined several evenings for me as I play WoW/BF2 and have suffered with the terrible pings.

Now the latest straw is I cant access half the websites as it appears neither can alot of ppl.

Using your customer base as the guinea pig for your traffic streaming was a bad idea, come June my 12 months are up and Im outa here.

I can only wonder what you have instore for us next, unable to connect to the WWW at all ?
N/A

Simple poll

double post
N/A

Simple poll

Quite interesting.

If the percentage of people who voted No left and took their business elsewhere, the drop in subscriber numbers would be quite large. Couple that with the reduction in referrals, the drop in revenue, the folding of +net and it all adds up to +net staff losing their jobs because they arent very good.......
Which would be nice!

Mate, I spend most of my time sat on what you are. Some of the staff at PN need to learn something about customer relationships but alot of the staff do the best they can within the limits of their positions. How would you like it if I found the company you worked for and said the same thing about and everyone else in the company?
N/A

Simple poll

@solstans

:lol: @ your 1st comment! Perhaps you need to get up and about more?

Secondly, that would be your choice.

I however, unlike +net, offer an excellent level of support to my customer base. Whenever something goes wrong, I dont hide, I dont lie, I dont get my customers to perform meaningless tasks in order to deflect attention away from any shortcomings. And most importantly of all, I KEEP THEM INFORMED!

+net unfortunately DO lie, hide and deliberately try to make the customer feel that its their OWN problem that the service is garbage. And when all else fails, they blame BT!
N/A

Simple poll

Smiley I get out enough, just eat too much though making it rather large Wink

Anyway all I was really saying is while some staff at PN either deserve to lose their jobs or be reassigned (do PN operate a Siberean data centre we could send errant staff to?) the majority of the staff do their jobs to the best of their abilities within the limits of their companies policy and so it is not fair on them to lose their livelyhoods as well as the incompetent management...

I've stuck with PN as (touch wood) my connection has been trouble free since I've been with them and I can sort 90% of my own problems out so I don't need much in the way of support, just a steady connection.

If I was asked to recommend PN - well it depends now on whether the person I'm talking to is technically competent and doesn't want to download alot and just wants a good reliable connection (the dns problems yesterday wheren't PN's fault as L3 had major issues).
N/A

Simple poll

the majority of the staff do their jobs to the best of their abilities within the limits of their companies policy and so it is not fair on them to lose their livelyhoods as well as the incompetent management...

So they find alternative employment with a company whose management and senior technical staff don't lie, hide, change T&Cs and leave the honest, hard-working staff unsupported in front of our evil forum postings

I've stuck with PN as (touch wood) my connection has been trouble free since I've been with them and I can sort 90% of my own problems out so I don't need much in the way of support, just a steady connection.

Been with them since they started the DIY ADSL rollouts (4 years?). A steady connection is what I have had until the last few months, but when I have needed them, CS has never been able to fix the problem with their suggestions - either I sort it myself, or the network "relaxes" back to its usual state. This last wekend, however, shows them at their worst. They DO (in my opinion) lie, they DEFINITELY obfuscate and try to confuse and prolong the user response to the point that the user either gets lost in the instructions, or is threatened with Evil BT charging them £50. Frankly I'm sick of it

If I was asked to recommend PN - well it depends now on whether the person I'm talking to is technically competent and doesn't want to download alot and just wants a good reliable connection (the dns problems yesterday wheren't PN's fault as L3 had major issues).

Even though the response is apparently variable depending which gateway you get. No I would not recommend them, I would suspect a non-technical customer would get an even worse experience, once the PN staff try to baffle and bully with the tech jargon they don't understand, but simply cut/paste into their answer, before going back to the interrupted game of Counterstrike.
Community Veteran

Simple poll

Can we please keep discussion of PlusNet staff's jobs out of this thread. This is not what these forums are for, lets keep the discussion on topic.

Thanks,
Chris