Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Upgrade Question

pHx
Grafter

Simple Upgrade Question

Hello All,

I am abit confused at all the posts going around here about the upgrades etc.

My exchange has been upgraded to support MaxDSL ( It was finished around Mid-March and is now showing Green).

Now my billing date has just gone by 25th(Today) does that mean i have to wait till the 25th of April to get the upgrade or April 1st?

Cheers
Ollie
19 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Simple Upgrade Question

This means that you'll be waiting until the 25th of April, as the product refresh hasn't actually happened yet.
pHx
Grafter

Simple Upgrade Question

Damn Sad

Got to wait another month now ...

Cheers for the help
Ollie
N/A

Simple Upgrade Question

Hi Ollie,

BT wont allow any upgrade requests until the 31st of March anyway. After this time Plusnet will automatically order Bulk regrades of approx 10000 a day. Bt in turn will do as many as they can but wont guarantee how long it will take to upgrade these.

Your other choice would be to do a total regrade from say BB+ to Premier on the 1st April and also request to be regraded to 8MB or up to rather. This however will incurr a charge and is still not guaranteed as I tink BT are limiting all ISP's to a max of 700 Business as usual upgrades per day. So you will have to allow for signups, other people wanting to regrade etc etc.

Basically mate, I would say dont get your hopes up, dont expect it any day soon and take life as it comes.

Regards,
pHx
Grafter

Simple Upgrade Question

Cheers for that Tom,

Are plusnet just sending the bulk orders in of random people or is it done on some sort of process? I did read somewhere people that could get 8mbit (Very close to the exchange) would be done first.

I am very close to the exchange myself roughly 600m from my house to the exchange also the SamChecker says i can recieve 8196kbs according to my SNR and Noise.

Cheers
Ollie
N/A

Simple Upgrade Question

Ollie,

Im afraid that it has been announced that upgrades to be submitted to BT will be done on a came first upgraded first basis.

So if you joined in 2004 you will see your upgraded submitted before those later on in 2004 or even 2005 but after anyone in 2003 etc.

To be honest with you I cant see anyone getting 8mb too soon as it all hinges on BT as apposed to Plusnet, and we all know how BT are known for rushing to get things done lol.

Regards,
willhome
Grafter

Simple Upgrade Question

can you pay the upgrade fee? do jump the queHuh?

i just saw the bt changed upgrade costs to £5 instead now.
N/A

Simple Upgrade Question

willhome,

Currently there is no ption to queue jump. The reason for this is that there are users on the up to 4mb and up to 8mb packages that need to be upgraded first and then also new sign ups.
Once everything has been sorted and spare slots become available I can only imagine that we may then be given the option.

Regards,
Midville
Grafter

Simple Upgrade Question

For Tom,

do you think if I upgrade it may allow me the use of Maxdsl.

Thanks in advance
N/A

Simple Upgrade Question

Hey Jason,

Im not sure about immediately but I am sure that you would be placed in line with all others and would likely be upgraded before all queue jumpers get their way ( im a queue jumper also, I hate waiting ).

The only people that could tell you for sure are Plusnet. I am merely posting on collected info seen in various threads and having spoken to various personel.

Regards,
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Simple Upgrade Question

Hi,

The intention is to set up a queue jump option. We're only able to place a limited amount of individual regrades each day so the existing 4 and 8Mbps customers will get the priority and we'll provide more information a little nearer the time about how you can get a queue jump regrade and what the cost would be.
N/A

Simple Upgrade Question

Last I heard decisions hadn't been made and the exact process for submitting regrades/upgrades wasn't decided. Where did this info about the bulk regrades of 10K a day come from Tom? Is this via the Usergroup or is there some post I've missed..
N/A

Simple Upgrade Question

That info was actually given to me by a Plusnet employee over IM whilst in random conversation.

Obviously im not going to stand by the numbers and demand they are factual, however these numbers are all I have to go on and thus use them.

Regards,
N/A

Simple Upgrade Question

Thanks Tom.
I'll stick with the 'we don't know whats going on' viewpoint until there's a proper announcement as we all know how things are subject to change.
N/A

Simple Upgrade Question

Indeed that may be a wise choice.

I mentioned figures really to help draw some things into context, although I am hoping they wont get used as an attempt to quote Plusnet.

Still it all depends on how fast BT can be bothered to work as we already know ( by means of the last major upgrade of 2mb ) people still havent got it after a year.

Regards,